Email Notifications ... keeps erroring out

Karpana
Go to solution Solved by Karpana,

Hi There,

I'm using Emby 4.1.0.8 on Centos 7.6.
I recently migrated from HyperV setup to a bare-metal setup.

In the migration, unbeknownst to me, the notifications configuration (plug in) didn't come across.
I noticed it this morning when I logged into the console and noticed there's an update to 4.1.0.10 available.

As I try to configure the email notifications plugin, all I get is errors, regardless of what configuration I use for email setup.  I did not have this difficulty when I setup my HyperV installation before Christmas with the then current version (v3.x)

I've tried about a dozen different permutations of the email configuration (with/without SSL, with/without authentication, etc...), but i still get errors that look like the following (this is from a few minutes ago).

I'm going to continue fiddling with this, but I'm wondering if anybody has any pointers.

2019-02-25 09:34:06.118 Error App: Error sending email
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.1.0.8
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.0.957
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Notifier.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<GetOptions>b__0(SMTPOptions i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Notifier.GetOptions(User user)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Notifier.SendNotificationCore(UserNotification request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Notifier.TrySendNotification(UserNotification request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications
	TargetSite: Boolean <GetOptions>b__0(MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Configuration.SMTPOptions)

• Solution

I think I've nailed it down to a transient issue with my ISP and my domain service provider
(even though I've been fighting with this for the last 2 hours).

Test Notifications are working now.

this thread can be locked/closed.