FF delay when starting media on shieldTV ?

vaise

I am coming from 6 roku's to a shieldTV.

I am used to starting a show, then immediately press the right button a number of times to get to the actual show start.  Thi si more evident on recorded TV as you always have to FF to get to the show.

On roku, this is the default process so no delays.

On the shieldTV, I have to wait 3 or 4 seconds for the display thing to disappear or the right button moves though that display.

Is there a setting to adjust this anywhere ?

As everyone has a Roku in their Bedrooms, and the main media room, we all then complain when coming to the lounge room to watch stuff due to this.

maegibbons

I do understand where the OP is coming from.

To FF you have to hit back to get rid of the OSD before hitting right arrow on controller to FF.

It would be nice to have the option to NOT bring up the OSD on media start as happens now.

i.e hit play from detail screen goes to full screen media playback with NO OSD.

Krs

Mark

CBers

There's always been a slight delay when starting playback and the ability to FF, if you don't close the OSD first.

I reported it a few years ago, but learned to live with it.

Start playback, press back to close the OSD, then press the FF button as required.

Edited by CBers

Ok, this issue is only likely to be an issue for people with roku’s specially long term roku users. After all these years I guess we all have muscle memory in our thumbs. The roku is quicker to play, faster to delete (less buttons) and I have already mentioned the thumbnails also that are missing in android . The shield however gives me less transcoding and better 4K playback. In hindsight, 4K is maybe 1% of my Emby usage. I could of course replace the 6 Roku’s with shields at a cost of aud$1250, and over time, we would all be used to that interface instead. I know it’s imposdible to have one unified interface for all clients so I am just pointing out the roku benefits in the hope they can be incorporated in some way.

A universal remote with FF/Rew buttons can get you there as well.  The Shield remote only has the D-pad so it has to do double-duty.

maegibbons

Still think an option to NOT have osd on media start would be good!

OK OK.

I will add it to my UP-UP wish list!

Krs

Mark

• Like 2