New Titles Do Not Get Updated On One Particular Hard Drive In Library

john2019

john2019

This is somewhat of a strange problem, so I'll just post pictures to best describe it. I'm running Windows 10 and all the hard drives are locally attached and not external:

5c7307f9b21e6_1.jpg

Now I have added the 4 hard drives as shown below:

5c73088cd1d49_2.jpg

Now when I do the initial scan everything works perfectly and all the files are picked up. Now when I add a new movie to Drive D(Array_4) nothing gets picked up. If I move the same movie to another drive it gets picked up just fine(so I know it's not a naming convention issue). Now if I remove Drive D from the library and add it again it will pick up the new movie. I'm not sure what the problem can be, since the file systems are the same and it seems like Real Time monitoring doesn't seem to work on this one drive only(even if I scan the library manually).

Any help would be appreciated, since this is driving nuts trying to figure out what's wrong...

Happy2Play

This was reported in another topic also.  Emby is seeing SYSTEM folders and stopping do to permission.  You are using the root of the drive.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Recovery' is denied.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70403-scan-all-libraries-error-systemunauthorizedaccessexception

You need to point to a folder on the drive to avoid this hidden root systems folders issue.

john2019

This was reported in another topic also.  Emby is seeing SYSTEM folders and stopping do to permission.  You are using the root of the drive.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Recovery' is denied.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70403-scan-all-libraries-error-systemunauthorizedaccessexception

You need to point to a folder on the drive to avoid this hidden root systems folders issue.

Hey thanks that fixed the problem! With such great support on here, I'm definitely going to grab Premium next month to keep supporting what you guys are doing.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Can a warning be added to the "select path" adding folders UI about pointing to the root of a drive could lead to permissions issues for hidden SYSTEM folder on the drive.  Maybe add to the wiki also.