Added Collection but some Images won't update

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

EODCrafter

Whats the best way to get Emby to fetch proper Metadata for IPTV VODs I have added to a collection? I've hit every refresh button I can find but it doesn't seem to fetch the Posters. Please Advise....

5c71ac1eca3e8_Screenshotfrom201902231422

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Hi there, have you explored the Identify feature?

Yes Sir but i couldn't find any TMDB ID for this collection. I typed in "Star Wars Collection" and executed it but blank images remain.

Edited by EODCrafter

I thought you were asking about the movies in the collection, and not the collection itself? If this is true then why would you enter Star Wars Collection on a single video?

EODCrafter

I thought you were asking about the movies in the collection, and not the collection itself? If this is true then why would you enter Star Wars Collection on a single video?

I didn't, I entered it on the Collection I made...I guess I'll just download the posters and link them the "old fashion" way. BTW, there is no option to "Identify" individual Movies (See Pic #2).....These are VOD IPTV Links. I guest your database doesn't recognize these as traditional movies and won't fetch Metadata for collections such as these.

5c71d35f7fd23_Screenshotfrom201902231712

5c71d5a7b74d9_Screenshotfrom201902231721

Edited by EODCrafter

I didn't, I entered it on the Collection I made...I guess I'll just download the posters and link them the "old fashion" way. BTW, there is no option to "Identify" individual Movies (See Pic #2).....These are VOD IPTV Links. I guest your database doesn't recognize these as traditional movies and won't fetch Metadata for collections such as these.

5c71d35f7fd23_Screenshotfrom201902231712

5c71d5a7b74d9_Screenshotfrom201902231721

It depends on what kind of library it is. if you set it up as a movie library with strm files then you could have done that.

EODCrafter

It depends on what kind of library it is. if you set it up as a movie library with strm files then you could have done that.

Huh? I just went to channels in the "Live TV" section and ticked the channels then added them to the collection. How do you add them as Movies with strm files?

5c71da5ee99f5_Screenshotfrom201902231741

Edited by EODCrafter

Happy2Play

Where is the TMDb ID # supposed to be? Is this a premium feature?

5c71dd2ac9e00_Screenshotfrom201902231753

The collectionid number is 528 see in the url

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Entered it but no update...Does it take awhile for Emby?

5c71de3d3b434_Screenshotfrom201902231758

The Collection is fine, the items are the problem.  Those numbers in the name make them unidentifiable so you have manually identify every movie.

What do you see when you open one of those movies?

Edited by Happy2Play

EODCrafter

The Collection is fine, the items are the problem.  Those numbers in the name make them unidentifiable so you have manually identify every movie.

They are IPTV VOD, Emby adds the Channel Numbers...not me. I'll try to erase them and see if it gets the posters.

Edited by EODCrafter

Happy2Play

They are IPTV VOD, Emby adds the Channel Numbers...not me. I'll try to erase them and see if it gets the posters.

Edited previous post, but what do you see if you enter one of those movies?

EODCrafter

Can't edit the Channel # in Metadata manager....1st pic...second pic is your answer.....

5c71e033a0bad_Screenshotfrom201902231805

5c71e042bf9b7_Screenshotfrom201902231806

EODCrafter

Can't Identify these since they are VOD IPTV Channels. I guess @@Luke needs to research adding this feature...I hope!

Happy2Play

Can't edit the Channel # in Metadata manager....1st pic...second pic is your answer.....

5c71e033a0bad_Screenshotfrom201902231805

5c71e042bf9b7_Screenshotfrom201902231806

Metadata Manager is a little deceiving as there is a folder level and a item level.  You appear to be looking at folder level.

The second image shows noting so I would suspect "Unidentified".  I would assume a debug log would show "0799Terminator (1984)" returning no results.

Edited by Happy2Play

EODCrafter

Even the Wiki confirms my "Best Answer", the only way to add the Posters are to manually update them :(

EODCrafter

Not too bad...took about 30 minutes using TMDb and finishing all the missing Posters...Thanks for the help! (Had about 25 missing).....

5c71eb17a14f0_Screenshotfrom201902231852

Edited by EODCrafter

Ok so these are actually live tv channels. There's no support for pulling metadata for them from Moviedb so yes, everything will have to be manual.

• Like 1