Subtitles are always on

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

Just bought this nice new tv and naturally installed emby, but when I play a movie the subs are always active even though I deselected them, am  missing something ?

Scottieboi

Just like I said above, I put on a movie and it plays the subtitles although they are deselected in settings, only way round it was to disable the subs from the server dashboard, im also having issues with audio, pretty much everything was set to auto, the audio is fine but I have to use the stats for nerds and then manually adjust the quality to suit the file before it plays the audio.

Why the subs play even while deselected is annoying but I found a way round it, with disabling them from the dashboard, but I have to say its very annoying. 

• 3 weeks later...
Scottieboi

Sorry to bring this up again but it's frustrating the hell out of me.
Still have the same issue with the subs playing even though they are deselected both in the server settings and the player (samsung UE65NU7500) either they play or they have an annoying 1cm black pixel where the subs would normally show. 
I have looked at a way to show you this as I can't for the life of me figure out how to send the logs.

When I play an item, if the subs are with the file, as above happens, I have to manually select on the layer to play the subs then go back and select it to stop playng them, this works but it I try to go forward or back during playback, I have to go through the same process.

Also can you fix the skip forward on the player? its a royal pain on both my tv's the LG  plays just fine but to skip to the end of a show means continually have to skip forward 30s till the point where I want it. and on teh samsung (just as bad) it only skips chapter, so im faced with the same issue as the LG continually pressing the forward or skip to the end of the show, would it be possible for you to add a menu so I can access the next file during playback. I know im not very good at explaining things, so I will try and give an example of what Im refering to, I often forget that I watched an episode and start watching it again, I realise my mistake and want to skip to the next episode, only way I can do this is by going back out and selecting the episode from the title screen, this is fine but the auto next up doesn't work on it that way so next ep im having to re-enter the title screen again...

Not sure if I made sense there but I did say im not good at these things, any help would be appreciated.

SamES

Can you please confirm your app version?  If @@FrostByte is correct that it is version .29 then we are waiting for Samsung to release the latest version which should resolve your subs issues.

FrostByte

That is the server version. 

If you go to the webclient dashboard while the Samsung is running the app you should see a box under active devices with your Samsung and the version of the app your running.

SamES

Unfortunately I think you will need to wait for the next update to resolve the subtitles issue.