Subtitles On by Default

elshagon
Go to solution Solved by blade005,

elshagon

All of a sudden all my movies that have subtitles play with them on when I start the movie.  The behavior before was it would default to "no subtitle" and if I wanted them I needed to turn them on.  Is this by design, a mistake in the latest build, or possibly something up on my end?

Danee

Can't help you here, but I to want to know how this works as I want to always have subtitles enabled.

• Solution
blade005

All of a sudden all my movies that have subtitles play with them on when I start the movie.  The behavior before was it would default to "no subtitle" and if I wanted them I needed to turn them on.  Is this by design, a mistake in the latest build, or possibly something up on my end?

elshagon,

I would check your LAV Splitter and see what the default is for subtitles. Perhaps it was changed after an update. I have mine set to enable only FORCED SUBTITLES. I would check both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit LAV Splitter and see what the default is.

• Like 1

Ghostm

I dont know if its related but do you have external subs? They seem to be overriding lav and are enabled by default if you have automatic forced subtitle detection activated ever since external sub support was added, i talked to shaun about this hopefully he can reproduce it.

Do you have external subs in your folders?

Hopefully we can get this fixed.

Edited by Ghostm

elshagon

elshagon,

I would check your LAV Splitter and see what the default is for subtitles. Perhaps it was changed after an update. I have mine set to enable only FORCED SUBTITLES. I would check both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit LAV Splitter and see what the default is.

Thanks, that's what happened.  Between builds the LAV splitter went from "show forced subs only" to "show all subs".  Not external subs Ghostm, built in to an mp4 on the file I tried.

Doonga

I can confirm that with an external file that the forced only option is being ignored. Once I moved the external sub file the movie starting showing only the forced subtitles as I configured.