Playto with Oppo BDP-103 questions

maybecrazy

maybecrazy

Hello to all, I've just discovered MB, long time Plex user though.

Discovered it because I have just bought an Oppo BDP-103D BR player, it's a great machine but the streaming interface is crap hence my search to find a good interface to push my videos to the Oppo DLNA.

I've installed the latest beta server on my Windows 8.1 PC, all ok so far, on my Samsung windows 8.1 tablet I've purchased the modern MB app and installed, again all good so far.

My problem is that .mkv files won't push and play on the Oppo although they will on my Samsung TV, .mp4 will push no problem to the Oppo. FYI Twonky will push and play the MKVs to the Oppo so I know the Oppo is Capable.

I'm guessing it's player profile issue so to my question..

Is there any ready made profiles anywhere or alternatively what's the best way to create a profile.

Thanks

EDIT: managed to create a custom profile of sorts and now the MKVs are working but some .mpeg, .ts and mp4 are not working.  Could it be the beta I'm using ?

Would really appreciate some advice on making a correct profile.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Harblar

Hey there!

Slightly off topic, but I'm looking at getting a 103d.

Once you got the profile working how well did it handle MKV's?

What type of MKV's were you using? (Bluray rips, DVD's, etc...)

and did the 103 properly decode, bitstream, display all the correct audio streams and subtitles?

I'm about sold on it, but I need to know it will do the following 3 things:

1.) Playback 1:1 MKV rips from Bluray's, HD-DVD's, and DVD's

2.) Bitstream these 6 audio formats (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, and Multichannel PCM)

3.) Properly display forced subtitles for the three formats in number 1. (if not at least have there be a workaround so I can get working forced subs)

If it can handle those three things I'm sold. :D

Thanks!

• 5 months later...