Audio books not show up in a duplicate folder...

Detail4687

Detail4687

A few days ago I realized that my audio books (mp3) were not showing up in one of my Mixed-Content Libraries (it was working before). The folder the mp3 is in would show up, but the content would not.

Strangely enough, a different Mixed-Content Library, that was pointing to a different folder, was still working correctly.

After troubleshooting for a few days, and finding no solution, I decided to make a perfect-copy of the folder that was not working, and placing it into the folder structure that is working. Then, I included both folders (the original that didn't work, and copy that did) in a new Mixed-Content Library. The results stumped me: the audios showed up in one folder, but not the other! So, the only difference between the two folders are their parent folders.

I think a screenshot will help...

5c6f465355478_zzzScreenshot20190221at163

Detail4687

Duplicate folders are not supported at this time. They may or may not work.

Yes, I realize that. I only did that to test the problem.  The actual issue is that the same files but located in another folder are not showing the audio files. 

Detail4687

Ok. I did that. However, I'm still having the problem that the audio files don't show up that are within the "Self-Improvement" folder (first folder below in the screenshot). But those that are in the 2nd folder do show up.

Is there something that could be "wrong" with my folder that they don't show up?

5c6f9c4f5244f_Screenshot20190221at225224

can you go over an example? is the advisorfirst or selfimprovement folder already added to some other library?

Detail4687

can you go over an example? is the advisorfirst or selfimprovement folder already added to some other library?

Luke, I think you are correct. This morning I figured out that the folder that wasn't working was already added to another Library.  I deleted that so that only one Library was scanning the folder and now it works!  Sorry for all the trouble...

I do have a related question...  if the sub-folders contain audios books, ebooks and videos how would I add those to Emby? 

• "Home Videos" seems to works only for video and photo
  • "Mixed Content" only works for video and audio
  • If I point different library-types to the same folder then I have the problem above.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently there is no content type to accommodate them all. At some point you may have to just separate them.