Unlock app button has no effect.

LesPaul79

LesPaul79

Hello, I've been using Emby on IOS and my Shield for a while, I recently bought the iOS app and all have been working fine...

Until now, my Shield is stating I'm on a trial period that will end next week sometime and when I try to Unlock App .. restore unlock, nothing happens?

Cheers.

Hi.  These are two different apps in two entirely different app stores and must be purchased separately.  Therefore, there is nothing to "restore" when you attempt that on the Android TV app.

Does that answer your question?

LesPaul79

I'm trying to purchase it but after adding a new credit card to Google wallet, it loops back to the same 'How to add a credit/debit card' message?

I'm trying to purchase it but after adding a new credit card to Google wallet, it loops back to the same 'How to add a credit/debit card' message?

Hi.  You'll need to talk to Google about that as that is not our interface.  That would be the Play Store.

Thanks.

LesPaul79

Ok thanks for that reply but here's where I'm at now.. I've purchased Emby for IOS, I use my existing login name/pw etc and all is good.

I've now uninstalled / reinstalled Emby android tv on my Nvidia shield and when I try the Emby PIN url I'm told user doesn't exist. I've tried to create a new user reg using my existing username/pw etc I'm told that username DOES exist.

Can you help please buddy, this is very frustrating.

I've now uninstalled / reinstalled Emby android tv on my Nvidia shield and when I try the Emby PIN url I'm told user doesn't exist. I've tried to create a new user reg using my existing username/pw etc I'm told that username DOES exist.

Can you tell us exactly what you are doing?  Can your Shield not find your server automatically?  Where is your server installed?

Thanks.

LesPaul79

Hi, thanks for replying.

As it is now, I've freshly installed Emby for android tv on my Shield, when I open the app, I get the Sign in with Connect screen giving the Emby media pin url and a pin code, I go to the url, type in my user details and the pin, but get 'Invalid User Name or Password. Do you need to register?'

I tried to re-register using my same details again but get username etc 'already exists'

Where is your server installed?  Is it on the same network as the Shield?

First problem is why doesn't the device find your server automatically and the second issue just sounds like either the password being entered is not correct, or you have some piece of software mucking things up.  Do you have Privacy Badger or the like installed?