Johann Sebastian Bach miss-titled

adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

For some reason recently, Johann Sebastian Bach has changed names to Andre Tchaikowsky (it was correct before), I re-entered the musicbrainz ID and it still came up wrong.  I realize I can change this in the metadata, just wanting to be sure it's not a bigger problem that needs to be fixed.

Thanks

edit:  Actually, Beethoven is now Van Cliburn and my Cliburn albums of him playing Rachmaninoff are now attributed to Earl Wild.  A lot of my classical music section has been completely messed up.  My nfos files seem to all be correct.  Any tips on how to correct this mess?

Edited by adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

I entered the musicbrainID in the "Identify" section of the artists - Tchaikowsky and Cliburn (in title only, everything else is Bach and Beethoven - as you can see in the screenshot), neither of those artists have any albums attributed to them in their artist section.

They've all been tagged with musicbrainz Picard.

And since I've discovered more artists replacing Beethoven's name.

post-247759-0-45426100-1550722081_thumb.png

Sorry can you explain the issue a little bit more? I don't quite understand from that screenshot. It does say  Andre Tchaikowsky there.

adamstewiegreen

Yes, it says Andre Tchaikowsky but the bio and all the albums associated are J.S. Bach. and now there is now no "artist" called J.S. Bach in Emby.

Van Cliburn's profile has been taken over by Beethoven (bio and albums) and most I have of his is Rachmoninov, and those Rachmoninov albums (which no long show up under Van Cliburn) are now being attributed to Earl Wild.

So, if I search for "Bach" in Emby, I get no Bach.  If I search Cliburn, I get Beethoven and if I search Earl Wild I get both Wild's and Cliburn's Rachmoninov.  Everything is thoroughly scrambled. (B.B. King is gone and replaced with "B.B. King & Eric Clapton").

nfo's look fine and I've double checked the musicbrainz tags as well and everything there looks fine too.

adamstewiegreen

No, MacOS.  I removed the music library and added it back and all the information went back to normal.

separate question: Does Emby read musicbrainz tags?  A lot of my classical box sets have a bunch of songs (10 - 20) that emby doesn't have any/can't find any metadata for, despite being tagged by musicbrainz picard.

Yes, have you checked audiodb to see if they have metadata for the given musicbrainz id? That's assuming audio db metadata is enabled for your music library. Have you checked that?

adamstewiegreen

Just to be clear: Musicbrainz has all the metadata for all my songs, I can go into Picard and see that, but emby isn't showing metadata for some of these songs. I can manually find them and add them through 'edit metadata' but that's a pain in the ass.

I do have audiodb enabled but it doesn't look like any of my music has audiodb ids.