Server: Can't Correct Actor w/ Identify

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Hi All - I am trying to correct the bio data for the modern actor Robert Taylor which is stuck on the 50-60's actor Robert Taylor. Using the Identify option in Metadata Manager finds the modern actor but will not change the data when selected. Both actors exist in TheMovieDB. I even manually deleted the person.xml file from IBN but the older actor's data will not update. Any ideas? Thanks, Tanamur

5368cb3a91878_people06.jpg5368cb4c0e14d_people07.jpg

vileboy

Manually edit the imdb code under external IDs in his entry then hit refresh

Edited by vileboy

Tanamur

Manually edit the imdb code under external IDs in his entry then hit refresh

Thanks @@vileboy - I tried that before I tried the Identify option and manually deleting the person.xml file in \ImagesByName\People\R\Robert Taylor

The entry currently has both the correct IMDB and TMDB id numbers in the profile. I am open to any other suggestions. Thanks, Tanamur

536ad72419125_people10.jpg

Happy2Play

Click Images then browse images.  You have to update the image you already have.

Just had to do the same thing.

Edited by Happy2Play

Tanamur

Click Images then browser.  You have to update the image you already have.

Just had to do the same thing.

...then browser? Not sure what sequence you are suggesting. Anyway, I manually deleted the old image, clicked Identify and got the correct image but it will not update DOB of 1911 or clear the old bio info. I have just deleted it manually. The bio for the modern Robert Taylor is missing from TMDB which may be a clue but I would think it would delete the old info with a new actor ID.

it's an open issue right now where if fields are blank from the new record they will not erase the current data. apart from that i think everything is working as expected. images are never replaced automatically and always have to be done manually.

Tanamur

Thanks @@Luke - Ok, I understand how it works now. I do have another strange one though with Richard Brooks. The MB3 profile is correct, all good but the MBClassic episode cast photo is the wrong (older) Richard Brooks which has me scratching my head. Any idea?

536ae9128190a_people12.jpg536ae922730e1_people09.jpg

no but you're looking at two different things. on one screen is person info, on another is the person list from a movie.

Tanamur

no but you're looking at two different things. on one screen is person info, on another is the person list from a movie.

I agree, but the person info from the web client is for the actor in the person list of the Law & Order episode displayed in MBClassic. I have only one Richard Brooks in my People database and all the information is correct. I don't see how MBClassic is displaying the photo for the wrong Richard Brooks unless it is pulling from a different source than the web client.

First, confirm you are getting the proper image when you view the exact same thing in the web client - meaning the episode actor list, not the main actor page.

If so, then the problem must be that MBC has that image cached and the cache tag didn't change when the image did or there is a problem in MBC when actor images change.

Tanamur

First, confirm you are getting the proper image when you view the exact same thing in the web client - meaning the episode actor list, not the main actor page.

If so, then the problem must be that MBC has that image cached and the cache tag didn't change when the image did or there is a problem in MBC when actor images change.

Hi @@ebr - I verified in the web client that for Law & Order 17.4 episode the guest star Richard Brooks is the correct actor and his information and image is correct. I checked MBClassic before and after the update today following Refresh People and the same episode is still holding onto the old black and white photo of the other Richard Brooks.

From my other threads on the People Refresh topic regarding stalls with and without TMDB activated, I have to wonder if my people database is in good order. If no one else is seeing this kind of problem then maybe it is just me.

Edit: As an edited note, I checked the same episode on my Android tablet app and it shows the correct detail and image for Richard Brooks. I also switched from Chocolate to Rush theme on MBClassic and it still shows the wrong image. It may be a MBC issue.

Thanks, Tanamur

Edited by Tanamur

• Solution

MBC is not currently including the tag in the image url for people or genres so it doesn't see the changes.  This should get fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

Tanamur

MBC is not currently including the tag in the image url for people or genres so it doesn't see the changes.  This should get fixed in the next release.

Thanks @@ebr, looking forward to the updates  :mellow:

Thanks @@ebr, looking forward to the updates  :mellow:

Should be fixed in dev version 164.