Can't erase or download new subtitles

guerlando2

guerlando2

I can't erase neither download new subtitles on my Emby 4.2 (latest version) on Ubuntu.

I click on the trash  icon to delete a subtitle and it loads and then nothing happens. I also click to download newer subtitles and it says it queued it for download but no new subtitle appears after some minutes

How can I provide more details to help?

• 8 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem.... 

I manage to connect through ftp to server and delete .srt files from folder but they always reappear again.

deleting from dashboard is not working, just loads and nothing happens. 

For the hole "movies" library i have setup to download subtitles automatically and maybe that is what was wrong...

Please, advise...

Hi, I have the same problem.... 

I manage to connect through ftp to server and delete .srt files from folder but they always reappear again.

deleting from dashboard is not working, just loads and nothing happens. 

For the hole "movies" library i have setup to download subtitles automatically and maybe that is what was wrong...

Please, advise...

@@matpez, most likely your system is denying Emby Server access to delete the subtitle files. Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

• 1 month later...
hitmax117

@@matpez, most likely your system is denying Emby Server access to delete the subtitle files. Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

I can confirm I have the same issue, pressing the trash icon does not remove the .srt file (Deleting media files works).

All I can see in the logs when I press delete is 'SubtitleManager: Saving subtitles to .....' what seems weird because I'm trying to delete.

I can confirm I have the same issue, pressing the trash icon does not remove the .srt file (Deleting media files works).

All I can see in the logs when I press delete is 'SubtitleManager: Saving subtitles to .....' what seems weird because I'm trying to delete.

@@hitmax117 Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

hitmax117

@@hitmax117 Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

When performing a delete of a subtitle that is sitting next to the video file (pressing the trash icon in webui) the subtitle file is not being removed. (see log send in PM)

The subtitle file has rw permissions to the owned user as set in docker env (uid).

If I manually give the subtitle file w permissions to the group (gid in docker) as well it seems that the file permissions gets reset and only rw is set to user after pressing the trash icon.

It seems that pressing the trash icon in the webui is causing the subtitle file to be recreated instead of being deleted (file modification date/time updates as well).

Can you look into this?

It seems that pressing the trash icon in the webui is causing the subtitle file to be recreated instead of being deleted

Because it deletes, refreshes, and then immediately downloads again based on your automatic download settings. This has been resolved for the next release, but just keep in mind, it will still download again later when the scheduled task runs.

hitmax117

Has this answered your concern?

Luke, yes it does.

I think for me (and other users) it wasn't expected behavior. Normally when you press delete the file is gone when you check, but here it re-downloaded instantly hence the confusion.

Looking forward to the next release!