Emby for Kodi 4.06a - Playback Not Being Reported to Emby

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

DarWun
App Versions:
- Emby v4.1.0.8 beta (Synology NAS .NET Core)
- Kodi Companion v2.0.9.0
- Kodi 18 (LibreElec 9) installed on Raspberry Pi 3+, default Estuary skin
- Emby for Kodi v4.06a (upgraded from v4.05 with library repair after upgrade)

Symptom:

Video playback on Kodi device starts. Video shows as direct playing from Kodi (LibreELEC) device in "Active Devices" section of Emby dashboard. Start of playback also identified in Emby "Activities" section of the dashboard. After a couple of seconds playback disappears from "Active Devices" and "Activities" identifies that playback has finished. Kodi continues to play the video. But playback status is not updated to "finished" in Emby when the video reaches the end. Everything works again after rolling back to Emby for Kodi v4.05

Logs attached.

kodi.log

embyserver.txt

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

I just posted a new beta. Please let me know if the issue persists with it.

Hi @@Angelblue05,

Unfortunately the issue is not resolved after updating to Emby for Kodi v4.07a (and repairing libraries).

I've attached new logs.

Thanks,

DarWun

kodi.log

embyserver.txt

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

@@Angelblue05,

I just updated to Emby for Kodi v4.09c. There is no change in the issue reported previously. After some testing, I found that playback from dynamic libraries is reported to Emby as expected. This is no longer the case once the library is synced to Kodi. The issue is resolved by reverting back to Emby for Kodi v4.05.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help troubleshoot this.

Regards,

DarWun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
DarWun

@Angelblue05,

After some additional troubleshooting, I found that playback works as expected when running Kodi for Emby in "Native Mode" with libraries synced to Kodi. Playback with synced libraries only seems to be a problem when running Kodi for Emby in "Add on" mode.

Note: This is being reported with Emby for Kodi v4.0.12a.

Regards,

DarWun

• Like 1