No share folders show up on emby server.

BBonham

Emby on Synology NAS

Hi, as I understand it, when setting up emby there should be 3 shared folders eg. Network ->ME-.EmbryMediaSvr ->shared folders (movie,video,photo). What I do have is  homes  -> embysvr -> .mono -> registry -> current user . I've tried a few things like going through my NAS GUI and creating the 3 folders to share under current user but to no avail. Sure would appreciate some help here.

Right now, on my TV monitorand throiugh Diskstation it only has Emby -> Playlist  showing up.

Edited by BBonham

solabc16

Hello @@BBonham

I'm not sure I 100% follow what you are saying above, or why you would be in the user home directory - that isn't necessary.

The basics of setting up a library are covered here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Setting-Up-Your-Media-Library-Share

If that doesn't help, can you be more specific in what you are trying to achieve / what isn't working.

Best

- James

Thanks for the link. I'm new to all this. That sure helped. The main reason why I couldn't see my NAS under network on the left side of the folder was due to a Windows SMB setting being turn off. Now that I can see the NAS under Network I can finally put up folders where I want.

I think we can call this one solved.

Thanks so much again.

BBonham

solabc16

Hello @@BBonham

Glad to hear you're making progress, so in your setup are you using the Synology system to host your media library only?

i.e. you're not running Emby Server on the Synology box.

Best

- James