OpenSubtitles (Option to download manually?)

robjbw

Hi. I'm sure this has been talked about and if it hasn't then here it goes. Currently with the stock Emby media app, it can download subtitles from (OpenSubtitles) when scanning the library. BUT it would be an awesome feature if we could download a subtitle on the fly. Currently i'm using Kodi FOR Emby and with opensubtitle installed in the Kodi app. I can pause the movie and under subtitle option I can search for one. It will display all the available subtitles. And very often it shows if it is synced with the movie. I can pick and choose which subtitle to download in whichever language. Now, in the stock Emby app, there's no such choice. You get what you get if Emby downloaded it automatically during the library scan. WHY NOT GIVE us that option to choose which subtitle to download like Kodi does? Sometimes and quiet often, the subtitle does not download, so having the option to manually download the subtitle on the fly would be great. I'm still using Kodi (Emby for Kodi). But if the stock Emby media app had this feature, then I would use it instead all the time. Im just saying it would be an awesome feature to incorporate. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Downloading subtitles during video playback is coming to the next version of many of our apps - android, iOS, etc. iOS will actually be two updates from now as we've already submitted one to apple. Enjoy.