Multiple version issue

Vidman
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Vidman

It seems that if a movie folder has a dash "-" in the name that the multiple version convention is not recognised within that folder

rbjtech

..which makes sense as dash is used as the version delimiter. 

I don't think double dashes will work - but worth a try - ie

\film - test

\film - test\film - version1.mkv

\film - test\film - version2.mkv

If it doesn't, then change the directory dash to something else or remove it altogether and let the meta-data pick up the details or modify the meta-data yourself if you think it needs the dash.

Edited by rbjtech

Vidman

If it doesn't, then change the directory dash to something else or remove it altogether and let the meta-data pick up the details or modify the meta-data yourself if you think it needs the dash.

That's exactly what I did to figure out what the issue was and fix it before writing my OP to inform the devs of the small bug/feature ;)

Thank you [emoji8]

Edited by Vidman

Paul77nz

\film - test

\film - test\film - version1.mkv

\film - test\film - version2.mkv

That naming convention works for me.

Edited by Paul77nz

Vidman

So in my movies folder there was a "mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)" folder containing " mission impossible - rogue nation (2015).mkv" . Renamed the file to "mission impossible rogue nation (2015).mkv" and added "mission impossible rogue nation (2015) - uhd.Mkv".

Rescanned the library and the uhd version was not accessable. Then renamed the parent folder to remove the " -" and rescanned the library and could finally access both versions

Paul77nz

So in my movies folder there was a "mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)" folder containing " mission impossible - rogue nation (2015).mkv" . Renamed the file to "mission impossible rogue nation (2015).mkv" and added "mission impossible rogue nation (2015) - uhd.Mkv".

Rescanned the library and the uhd version was not accessable. Then renamed the parent folder to remove the " -" and rescanned the library and could finally access both versions

I suspect it's related to having a dash in the folder name combined with one of the files not having a second dash.

Try this:

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)\

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015) - 1080p.mkv

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015) - uhd.mkv

Edited by Paul77nz

Happy2Play

What exact naming scheme did you have issues with?  I had no issue with this.

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015).ext

\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015)\mission impossible - rogue nation (2015) - uhd.ext

5c6d1d9058827_test.jpg

• Solution

As documented for the multi-version system to work, the video files have to begin with the exact same text as the folder they are in.  It sounds like your names did not follow this rule initially.

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - ".
  • Like 1

Vidman

As documented for the multi-version system to work, the video files have to begin with the exact same text as the folder they are in. It sounds like your names did not follow this rule initially.

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification