DVR not recording new episodes

carpediem

carpediem

I have noticed that random TV shows are not recording or being added to the schedule for the upcoming week. This happens even though the parameters are set to record new episodes, and the guide data does state that the upcoming episode is indeed new. I am using the new TV guide feature with OTA data for my zip code.

When I look at the TV guide, there is no red or grey marker on the show indicating that the series is marked to be recorded. If I open that upcoming episode, I am given the option to record the series, almost as though the server has no prior knowledge of the series.

I have restarted the server, refreshed guide data, modified the settings for a show to record all episodes and switched it back to new episodes only, none of those steps work. The only workaround so far has been to delete a series and re-add it. I have noticed this issue with 4.0.1 and also 4.0.2. However, it may be present in earlier versions as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have included a few snapshots below. 2 TV shows, Goldbergs, and Schooled, should be showing up on the DVR schedule for Wednesday. Only BBT is showing up though.

9f28e2d1ce2d40a98e1a12880d627719.jpg5dba0a09da0552c64edd3e9f7426b284.jpgb6d68d5715c8de5e8928c400cdd37548.jpg

3648562b9d99d23504784be5db750ad4.jpg

665f75a0ce173efa36b3a26fcfafa4ee.jpg55c1d0dc9046423f51929a8a0c0e96bb.jpg

Edited by carpediem

I noticed last week that all of my series recordings were not scheduled even if they were in the guide. Most of them are set up to be "New Only" but some old series are set to record all.

I thought maybe it was because I decided to switch from epg123.xmltv for my guide data to the native Emby Gracenote guide data but that seems a bit odd as (I think) they would have the same ID numbers, right?

When I finally had the time to re-scheduled the series yesterday, I got completely different cover art, similar to what the OP posted above. Sorry @@carpediem I didn't post this sooner. I just barely discovered I had a problem.

Attached are several Emby Server Logs from before and after I made the change to reschedule the missing series. I'm not exactly sure when I made the change in guide data so I'm not sure if I have the log from before the change but the "before" log is from the end of January. I believe I made the change in guide data source about a week ago and most all older logs I have merely state the following which is another issue altogether to address but not here or now (I just noticed it).

2019-02-21 19:24:05.671 Info Main: Application path: C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
2019-02-21 19:24:10.726 Info Main: Exiting because another instance is already running.

Edited by Sammy

BTW, here's what my Series looks like in the web app (and elsewhere) after rescheduling. One is the old schedule which shows nothing upcoming and the other is the new schedule which shows the the upcoming recordings.

post-110-0-11769800-1550838188_thumb.jpg

Sammy if you change EPG providers you may need to redo all your scheduled recordings as they often use different IDs.  

It really depends on the source you are going from and to.

• Like 1

Sammy if you change EPG providers you may need to redo all your scheduled recordings as they often use different IDs.

It really depends on the source you are going from and to.

I figured both were from the same source but I guess they generate different ID's. Probably only @@Luke knows for certain..

At any rate, I wish I knew beforehand so my wife's Married at First Sight and a few other shows weren't missed last week! WAF is done a few points right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

epg123 does get it's data from the same source.  I've never used them before so I don't know if they change the data after receiving it or not.

Your issue could be totally unrelated as well but my gut thinks it's probably the change in EPG.

The easy way to verify this would be to look at both XML files and compare them.

Hehe, I don't have to worry about WAF anymore.  Now I've got X-WAF and can say "suck it". LOL

Kidding aside my system just runs like a top.  Although I run the latest betas of everything, I do my "playing" usually in a test environment on my notebook so I don't mess up my production environment.  I'm especially careful to test changes to the TV/EPG section because I rely on their use so much.

garyan2

The only way that epg123 program/series IDs will be seen as the same as the emby gracenote IDs is if emby specifically recognizes it. XMLTV files can be generated from anywhere (it's the Wild, Wild, West out here) and if present, the ddprog_id field is specifically the TMS/Gracenote IDs. With some manipulation, the ddprog_id can be "restored" to the original TMS/Gracenote ID and so in theory could be considered equal and the same.

The issue is, I believe emby processes XMLTV files completely different so get very different unique IDs regardless of the presence/absence of the ddprog_id field.

• Like 1

The only way that epg123 program/series IDs will be seen as the same as the emby gracenote IDs is if emby specifically recognizes it. XMLTV files can be generated from anywhere (it's the Wild, Wild, West out here) and if present, the ddprog_id field is specifically the TMS/Gracenote IDs. With some manipulation, the ddprog_id can be "restored" to the original TMS/Gracenote ID and so in theory could be considered equal and the same.

The issue is, I believe emby processes XMLTV files completely different so get very different unique IDs regardless of the presence/absence of the ddprog_id field.

Thanks, Gary!

I am finally letting go of WMC even though it is superior in so many ways over any other DVR out there, Keeping it going on as many screens as I have with extenders has become cumbersome so I've gone to Emby on ShieldTV's which puts all the other apps such as Netflix, Philo, Prime and Hulu plus a few others ready at hand in the same interface. Of course, running LiveTV on Emby / AndriodTV requires a bit of work right now too..

carpediem

@@Luke sorry for the delayed response and thanks for following up. I tried loosening the requirements but that did not resolve the issue. I ended up having to cancel and re-add the series.

However, @@Sammy and @@cayars got me thinking about the show ids. Some of the shows I had set to record were indeed set up when I was pulling guide data via a third party. It is possible that may be the reason for the shows not recording.

For the other shows that are working, loosening and tightening show settings immediately results in an updated schedule. I have canceled and re-added all shows using the new LTGD. I will give it a go for a few weeks and see if the issue is resolved.