Try downloading to server.Could not move system.

BBonham

Hey all, So I made the rookie mistake of trying to install emby on my server using my wifi. It appears that it got hung up while trying to load and I ended up with no visible files on the server but get the "Emby doesn't show up on server". So I figured I could just download a fresh copy from the emby site and the new should overwrite whatever is there. Well, it doesn't work like that. Now I know that this error is well known but like I said there is no visible folders or files on my server.I can't build over it and I can put down a new one.

Help me Obee Wahn Kannobee, You're my only hope

No, I don't have multiple users. But because I have only used @ 3GB out of 14TB, I am wiping the drives and starting over. Thank you kindly for responding.

I now have begun installing Emby the correct way. I'm stuck on the beginning. The setup talks about or shows that once I install Emy I should find 3 folders.

Step 4 : Navigate to the share from your desktop machine and create sub-directories for Movies, TV, etc. I can't find these and am not able to move on.

Hi, When setting up emby as I understand it there should be a shared folder for emby (under embysvenr) for which I would share or borrow  from  the other folders which are already set up through my NAS in the past. Like having Network->ME->EmbyMediaSvr->(Music,Photos,Video folders).Does this help with a description?

Right now, my diskstation shows up on my tv. It is populated with files in Video, and Music folders. When I click on my emby icon on the TV all that I get is  Playlist with nothing in it. I guess where do I go to add Music, Photos, Video folders so that they will show up and be sharing?

Hi, click the gear icon in the top right to go to the server dashboard. Then click the Library menu option. Now you'll be on the Library setup screen. Here you can add libraries. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

This is probably below your pay grade but... I did get to the icon in the top right and click on Library where I should add folders. There are some irrelevant choices in the drop down for the placement of a new Folder. Don't know which to take. I tried "Network" but it timed out. Since I have a "Current User" on my NAS home library I chose that path shown. Don't know if that's the path I should take?. In emby, the folder does show up but I have a hard time linking it to other folder/files on the NAS   DISKSTATION\video\.

Help Me Obee Wahn Kanobee, You're My Only Hope

I did go there like you suggested. Right where you said. But can't get emby to play nice with the NAS folders. I can name embys folders but can't receive any shares.