buffering while transcoding

robotone502

robotone502

Hi guys hope everything goes well, this is my first post and believe me I would not post it if I had found a solution.

The issue I'm having it's that when I play some movies I get heavy buffering, all of those movies required trans-coding. I have an Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1246 v3 @ 3.50GHz server with windows 10 pro, I already try to turn on HW decoding also turn it off, switch between DXVA2 and QSV. I don't have a monitor attached to this server because I don't have physical access to it, probably that's the reason my GPU looks like is not working while trans-coding, but still my CPU support trans-coding and still buffer when I turn off HW decoding. I also try to convert the movie with emby convert with no luck, the new converted version still need transcode and buffer the same way to the original. I also notice that only buffer when the log shows ffmpeg-remux.

buffering start sometimes after 10 to 15 min, in worst case scenario after 2 minutes

Thank you so much guys.

Device: Fire TV 2nd and 3rd Gen

Also a Insignia Fire TV edition

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-remux-81d5ccc7-19d9-4029-8dc2-ff312e77e9f2_1.txt

hardware_detection-63686048594.txt

Edited by Robo502

Hi.  It is stream copying the video but it is getting progressively slower and slower.  If you have throttling turned on, try turning it off.

@@Robo502 i would suggest lowering the in-app quality setting on the Fire TV. As a starting point, try setting it to 3 mbps. See if that helps. Thanks.