Connected Accounts/ User Errors

johnson.4204
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

johnson.4204

A while back I was trying to get my girlfriend's Surface hooked up to my Emby. I added her through "users". I had never done it before so I had no idea what to expect or how it functioned but somehow it got her access to it. She didn't show up as a "user" but she clearly had access to everything as everything she was watching showed up as what I was watching. I just went to invite my sister and it said the invitation was sent in my girlfriend's name, and then my girlfriend got the alert that my sister had accepted the invitation. how is this possible? everything came from my account but it is now in her name/ email? We've been trying to figure out how to undo this but can't. I know ultimately we need to get everything in my name and get my girlfriend as a "user" to separate the accounts but we can't figure it out.

Happy2Play

Sound like you linked your girlfriends Connect/forum name to your local user account instead of your Connect/forum user.  There has to be one linked account before you can invite anyone else.

5c69edaa0cf13_users1.jpg

This would have been the first screen you got if you had no linked user when you added your girlfriend.

5c69ef744a9ed_link.jpg

johnson.4204

Hmmm. I can't find that first screen. My screen looks like this:

5c6a01d312823_EmbyScreen.jpg

How does one remove them from being a local user and add them as an external user linked to my account?

• Solution
Happy2Play

Hmmm. I can't find that first screen. My screen looks like this:

5c6a01d312823_EmbyScreen.jpg

How does one remove them from being a local user and add them as an external user linked to my account?

I assume Brian is your local user.  Click on that user, I bet you will see your girlfriends username for the Emby Connect username.  You should be able to apply your Emby Connect username (forum name) there and hit save, then re-invite her.

You may have to acknowledge the confirmation email first.  I do not know how or if this will affect existing invited Guest.  @@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1