Automation Feature request

ramrod215

ramrod215

Hey,

I am wondering if you can integrate into the play to function while selecting its destination it also sends tasker an event so it can be used for automation. My goal after setting up zwave is to have the "play to" function if possible send tasker an event so i can customize it in tasker. For example to tell my IR blaster to switch to that input. Another possibility when selecting a USER it generates an event to tasker so i can configure it to turn on tv and change input to a defined source.

• Like 1

Redshirt

We're talking about this?

I'm more than happy to look into it if there's enough community support.

KRA

Ah yes, tasker plugin would be nice. I already have tasker controlling my light when I'm home based on rules and conditions. Having playstate in MB3 as part of it would be nice. 

wraslor

Not sure if this will be any help but maybe a combo with eventghost would be helpful to you. For example I have eventghost and a Vera lite setup so when I start MB eventghost sends a command to the vera to turn off my lights.  When I close MB it sends a command to the vera to turn on the lights.  What controller are you using for your z-wave devices and is your ir blaster hooked to it?  Maybe set it up to watch for MB to start then fire the IR signals?

trusselo

We're talking about this?

I'm more than happy to look into it if there's enough community support.

yup thats it.

imagine the possibilities....