TV Series screen shots - controllable?

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

For the episode screen shots in a TV series is it possible to set the time into an episode that screen shoot extract is taken? E.g. between 35 and 60 seconds into the episode? Just that typcally the first 30 seconds is a previous on ..... and a few minutes in is the title sequence. I keep getting episode screen shots of the title text or from the previously on introductory stuff.

If not can I force it to redo the screen shot extract from a different time at least so I can remove those with title text?

Fingers crossed this is doable.

Edited by GhostRider

Hi, there is no setting to control this. Extracting a screenshot is only used anyway when there are no images available from internet metadata providers.

GhostRider

Hi @@Luke, thanks for the info.

This is an example, it is from Wynonna Earp and there are no images from metadata providers. It is picking a time when there is text on the screen.

Is there no way to stop this? Can I get it to retry and will it pick a different time? If so how do I get it to redo the extract please? Those text clips are annoying!

post-2099-0-97601700-1550422459_thumb.jpg

Edited by GhostRider

Happy2Play

FYI those episode images are not available on TVDB, but are on TMDB.  But yes screen grabber images with credits on then can be annoying.

Only difference in TVDB and TMDB episode images is resolution.

TVDB 400 x 225

vs

TMDB 3000 x 1688 +

• 1 month later...
georgeemby

I've just got Emby for few days and it's great piece of software!

While I'm setting up my libraries, I discover that also have this problem, so just asking...

1. Is there any (temporary) workaround - eg possible to change this 10% anywhere (even in a code somewhere)?

If not possible (yet :) may I suggest

2. Extracting the screenshot later in the video 33% or why not 50%?

(10% is always "risky" for being too early)

and in later version, if possible:

3. Allow users to set this percentage for all server or per library (?)

Thanks

There's currently no option, but it's possible for the future. We can try raising it a little higher.