Domain Name Not Working??

conradcjc

conradcjc

I have a domain name that points to my cable modem ip address. When I setup Emby connect to add a server to only allows me to put in the IP and not my domain name.

Any ideas?

Did you setup a DDNS Client to update your domain record with your DHCP WAN IP address?

Which port did you open on your home router’s firewall?

Did you intend to pass HTTPS traffic or the HTTP traffic from the public Internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conradcjc

I setup forwarding on GoDaddy site to my domain name so my IP address from my modem is forwarded to my domain name. 

It works great when I plug it into a browser but going through the Emby setup lets say on iPhone i need to put in IP address or it won't work.

My IP address will never change

Ok, so it sounds like you added your WAN public IP address to a go daddy A record or synthetic DDNS record for your domain.

Is the problem you are having while the smartphone is inside your home network or outside your home network?

Probably best to focus on connections from the public Internet, then get it working internally.

You can confirm your public IP by connecting a computer or smart phone to your home network and go to https://whatsmyip.com.. Make note of the IP address.

Begin testing your smart device by disconnecting your smartphone from your home WiFi and attempting to connect to your public IP (from the last step) on either 8096 or 8920? This will confirm functionality of the configuration settings on your home router.

Edited by Tur0k