No Subtitles!

Misinthe

Misinthe

Hello everyone, I'm having problems with my subtitles, first, I don't have any subtitles when it comes to Cartoons or Anime shows, is there a reason why? Do I need to do something extra to get it for them since they're different than regular TV shows? And second, in my Movies and TV Shows, I have it set up to get subtitles in English and Spanish, but in the drop down menu, only the English ones show up, does anyone know why? 

Thank you all for your help!

Misinthe

Hi there, have you checked the naming of your subtitle files against our supported subtitle file naming conventions?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Subtitles

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I do not have the subtitle files for them, but I thought Emby would pull them from OpenSubtitles like it does with my other TV shows? I don't keep any SRT files in my system.

With what client are you seeing this issue?

So far we don't know that there is an issue. It might just be a matter of helping them learn how to use the subtitle downloading features.

I do not have the subtitle files for them, but I thought Emby would pull them from OpenSubtitles like it does with my other TV shows? I don't keep any SRT files in my system.

Yes, have you configured subtitle downloading for your emby libraries?

Misinthe

Yes, have you configured subtitle downloading for your emby libraries?

I do not have it set up to download subtitles, I didn't know that is necessary for it to work properly?

Edit: How do I go around enabling this?

Edited by Misinthe

Have you explored the subtitle download settings for each of your emby libraries? Just click on a library in library setup and it will open the settings dialog for that library. The subtitle settings are towards the bottom.

Misinthe

Have you explored the subtitle download settings for each of your emby libraries? Just click on a library in library setup and it will open the settings dialog for that library. The subtitle settings are towards the bottom.

Do you mean this option?

5c68c7f9825ba_Subtitle.png

Misinthe

Yes.

So is that how it is supposed to be? Because that has been set like that always and they don't show up for my Anime or Cartoons. Could it be that there are none in the database? I tried setting them Manually and the search couldn't find any.

I tried setting them Manually and the search couldn't find any.

Then the subtitle providers you have installed and enabled must not have any subtitles for your media. By default OpenSubtitles is included with Emby Server. Have you explored the Emby plugin catalog to see what additional subtitle providers are available?

Misinthe

Then the subtitle providers you have installed and enabled must not have any subtitles for your media. By default OpenSubtitles is included with Emby Server. Have you explored the Emby plugin catalog to see what additional subtitle providers are available?

I tried a couple of them, the Anime seems to work the best, even though it doesn't have all of them, it has most. But now, after trying different plug-ins, the subtitles on my Samsung TV are not working, even though it shows on the options and in the Closed Caption button, but nothing shows up in the video when set to Eng.

That's a metadata provider, not a subtitle downloader. The plugin catalog has two additional subtitle downloaders - SubDb and Podnapisi .

Do the Eng subtitles show if you play in the web app?

Misinthe

That's a metadata provider, not a subtitle downloader. The plugin catalog has two additional subtitle downloaders - SubDb and Podnapisi .

Do the Eng subtitles show if you play in the web app?

I tried SubDB and it didn't do anything, I'll install Podnapisi and see if that helps.

The Eng subtitles show on the web app, and on my Android app. Just stopped working on my Samsung TV, I don't know why.

Edit: I tried adding all the subtitle ones and it worked for the Anime's now, so just the problem with the Samsung TV now.

Edit 2: Also, why I have you here, I don't want to start a new thread just for this, I have a problem where I have set it to do both Eng and Spa subtitles, but it only shows the Eng option on the drop menu, do you know why this is? And also, I put a password to my admin account and then I reset it so there's no password set, but when I try to log into my account on the apps, it still asks me for the old password?

Edited by Misinthe