Live TV HD Channel Black Screen with Audio

QDivision

That is to find out what alternative audio and subtitle tracks are available, so that's normal. Since there's nothing obvious here we'll just have to keep an eye on this for now. Thanks.

QDivision

Yes it is. I can't use hdhomerun directly in emby because my main use is Kodi so need a central server for my tv that can deal with recordings etc.

QDivision

It is quicker with emby, about 5 seconds for an HD channel and weirdly about 12 seconds for an SD channel. However this doesn't help since I need to use TVMosaic. It has been a lot quicker in previous versions of emby, not exactly sure which one but possibly before the v4 update.

pünktchen

Why do you need to use TvMosaic?

... I can't use hdhomerun directly in emby because my main use is Kodi so need a central server for my tv that can deal with recordings etc.

• Like 1

QDivision

Why do you need to use TvMosaic?

As @@pünktchen quoted, I need a centralised TV server so my recordings and schedules are across all frontend e.g. Kodi and emby. Currently emby doesn't have TV integration into Kodi and the TV functionality is lacking compared to dedicated TV backends.

What can be done to investigate this issue further? (Also might be worth changing the title of the thread now) in the past the startup speed has been comparable to movies/recorded TV so not sure what has changed and why it's taking so much longer.

• Like 1