Music skipping

nagetech

nagetech

I started to notice today that at random times music skips during playback. At first I thought it was the file (mix of mp3 and flac files) but it happens literally at random time and random songs.

I then figured maybe it was the player I was using. I tested on iOS, Xbox, Firefox/chrome on windows and Mac. Happens there too

I’m not sure how useful a lot would be considering I can never reproduce it consistently. Sometimes it’ll happen in a song, I’ll go back and it won’t skip at the same part again. Sometimes I’ll go hours without a skip and sometimes it happens two songs in a row.

Thinking it was a possible drive issue, I took a small sample of music and put it onto a spare SSD and for good measure a ramdisk. Still happens there :(

I’m running the latest stable of v4.

Chining in hoping I’m not the only one.

Looking forward to any help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing obvious jumps out. It appears your system was working pretty hard during the time of the log file. Can you try removing these plugins:

2019-02-15 10:02:08.220 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.0.93.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Pluto\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\CoverArt.dll
2019-02-15 10:02:08.220 Info App: Loading Emby.AutoOrganize, Version=1.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Pluto\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\Emby.AutoOrganize.dll
2019-02-15 10:02:08.220 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Pluto\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\playback_reporting.dll

And then seeing if it performs better? Can you also try rebooting your server machine and router? Thanks.

nagetech

Thanks for the reply Luke. Having experience over the years on the forum and with Emby, I did already try rebooting the server, core router and everything else that goes with it. I did try a vanilla emby (no plugins) and that didn't change anything.

When I first experienced this issue (been goofing with this for about a week before I reached out to you) there were times there was zero server activity and even tried it locally on the server itself, and it still had the problems.

Just curious, as I'm trying to learn how to read these logs better myself, what hinted to you the server was under strain? The server is a Poweredge T710 with dual xeon and ample RAM. Emby is loaded on a SSD drive (samsung). As mentioned before, I even went ahead and tested the songs on a RAM Disk and another SSD I had in the server to make sure it wasn't a Drive issue/strain.

Perhaps try some different songs. Usually this kind of thing will be network related. What we're doing here is very basic, direct stream mp3 to your browser, so it's not like there's any transcoding here to troubleshoot.

nagetech

I have tried a lot of songs from the library. I even built a quick test server just to see what would happen, and using a sample of 10gb of music, it still had random skips for me. The songs I sent to you in the sample also consistently skip at the same parts.

I can’t think of what else could be causing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk