"View By" selections changing

playloud

playloud

MBC Version 3.0.163.0

Diamond Theme 0.3.6.4

MBC does not seem to remember my selection of "view by" in each movie.

Example: 

Using Diamond, I go into Die-Hard and select "Coverflow" to display the 5 movies.  I back out. 

I go into Back to the Future and select "Detail" to view the 3 movies.  I back out.

When I go back into Die-Hard, it is now in "Detail" view.  If I switch back to "Coverflow", Back to the Future will now be in "Coverflow", etc.

This was never an issue in MB2, and I have been waiting to see if an update to MB3 will fix this.  

I have not seen anyone mention this issue yet.

Brad 

That isn't a bug - it is how it is designed to work.

99% of people want the same view for all "like" types.  Since both Die Hard and Back to the Future are Box sets, they share the same settings.

playloud

Thanks for the response.  I can understand that, though that is not how it worked in MB2.  I could set each movie and subfolder to whichever view I wanted.

I have movies that are multiple discs (Ex: Pearl Harbor 4-disc set) and these I prefer to view in detail since I use the same cover art for each disc.  

Or mix within a set, for example:

Avengers: Coverflow to scroll between Hulk, Iron Man, Capt. America, Thor

If I select Iron Man, I use coverflow to scroll through 3 different Iron Man films.

Then I select Iron Man 2, it has 2 discs, I prefer to view this in Detail. 

Picky on my part, but I never minded going folder by folder and setting it how I want.  Frustrating to me that it won't stick now.

Thanks for all you do,

Brad

Actually, it is the same as MB2.  If you want different view styles you will need to not make them collections/boxsets.  If they are plain old folders, then they will retain separate settings.

playloud

Is this determined by the presence of a collection.xml file vs. folder.xml?  I use metabrowser for metadata and it seems to add a collection.xml file to any folder with more than 1 movie.  I'll take a look at the settings.

Thanks.

Yes, the existence of that file tells us it is a collection (box set).