Emby for Android TV stuttering/buffering on playback of recorded TV only.

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

I have two generic Android TV boxes. 

When I use Emby for Android Version 3.8.34 everything plays faultlessly, but the remote won't controll the app. I need to use a keyboard.

If i use Emby for Android TV Version 1.6.79g it plays everything BUT recorded tv fine. So it streams live TV on the server fine. But if I was to watch the same program later from a recording then it stutters once or twice and then freezes, requiring the box to be re-booted. I'd prefer to use this version of Emby as the remote works really well with it.

Server is 4.0.1.0 and using Nextpvr 

All TV is SD and wired around the house using home-plugs.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63685267196.txt

embyserver-63685353593.txt

riverboat2001

Hi, I've just done that, but it hasn't made any difference, would a new log after this update help?

maegibbons

What Android TV hardware have you actually got?

It is probably down to that.

Krs

Mark

riverboat2001

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HCTHM8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have got another older one, but the problem exists on that too.

I'm happy to buy a better quality box, but there's so many to choose from. Ideally I want to buy a box where EMBY TV works well with a remote. 

I'm on a pension so can't really stretch to an Nvidia Shield. (need coverage in three rooms!

Would one of those mini pc's work better. 

( https://www.amazon.co.uk/MINIX-X5-Z8350-Dual-Band-Ethernet-Technology/dp/B074FQYPPZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1550054916&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=mini+pc&psc=1

OR
( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fanless-x5-Z8350-Graphics-Desktop-Computer/dp/B07GVG3Q4Z/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1550054916&sr=1-5&keywords=mini+pc) 

What do most people use to stream video from the server?

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

CBers

You pays your money and takes your pick :)

Save your pennies and get a Shield, or alternatively a Xiaomi MI box.

The Nvidia Shields are regularly updated (currently running Android 8/OREO) whereas these cheap boxes won't be.

THE Xiaomi MI Box also runs Oreo I believe.

Make sure whatever you decide on, is a validated Android TV device, rather than a knock-off with the Android TV rom installed.

• Like 1

riverboat2001

Xiaomi MI Box

Do these boxes have an ethernet port, as the wifi network in my house is awful, despite having extenders all over.

Thanks for the help so far, I now realise the difference between an Android official TV box and the unlicensed copies.

vdatanet

Xiaomi MI Box

Do these boxes have an ethernet port, as the wifi network in my house is awful, despite having extenders all over.

Thanks for the help so far, I now realise the difference between an Android official TV box and the unlicensed copies.

Xiaomi mi box doesn’t have ethernet port, but there’s a usb to ethernet cable.

• Like 1

riverboat2001

Xiaomi mi box doesn’t have ethernet port, but there’s a usb to ethernet cable.

That's the way I'm going to go. I'll check back and update how I get on once it's up and running.