Active Devices and their details

smokey7722

smokey7722

I noticed with the upgrade to MB Server v3.0.5233.40306 that the Active Devices section has been changed to a new format.  I've also noticed that it does not seem to be very accurate or detailed at all as to the device status like it used to.  In the past, the device would be listed and whatever media it was playing (and its status in the playback) would be displayed.  I've noticed that while watching media as well as playing DLNA content (using the server, not playto) that it doesn't seem to be doing this anymore.  Below is a screenshot where two devices, the TV Office is playing music via the DLNA server and MBC on Lacus is playing a TV show but the UI has not displayed that.

Is this something known and being worked on?

53668e34b5318_ScreenShot20140504at115522

Edited by smokey7722

Koleckai Silvestri

Seems like a bug but could be limited by the nature of DLNA. 

When I am using MediaBrowser Clients, it has provided more detailed information using the current layout. This includes a thumbnail of what is playing and the progress.

Beardyname

Seems like a bug but could be limited by the nature of DLNA. 

When I am using MediaBrowser Clients, it has provided more detailed information using the current layout. This includes a thumbnail of what is playing and the progress.

Same here, I'm not sure if it applies to OP since I'm not using MBC or any DLNA device.

Does the same thing happens if you play an item through the web-ui ?

There is still work to be done with dlna but all in all it displays more information than before

smokey7722

I get a screenshot / status at times for MBC, but overall it does not seem 100% yet.  So far its hit or miss if that works.  For DLNA server it doesn't seem like it is, although I have not tried DLNA playto yet.  I'm heading out to run a few errands but when I get home I can play around a little more and see if I can find some more details.

Deuce911

I can tell you the ROKU does not appear correctly anymore.

Sent from my Nokia Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Deuce911

Not sure if it was me but the ROKU started updating a couple hours ago. Probably just me.

Sent from my Nokia Windows Phone using Tapatalk