Subtitles not showing

RickM

SirTranceALoT
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Thanks for testing that but that leaves me at a bit of a loss for why it works for me but not for you.  We have to figure out what is different...

@cayars can you test this out?

Yes that would be awesome. Do you use it with .strm files? I also wouldn't mind letting you poke around on the server to check a couple of things. 

4 hours ago, ebr said:

Thanks for testing that but that leaves me at a bit of a loss for why it works for me but not for you.  We have to figure out what is different...

@cayars can you test this out?

2 hours ago, SirTranceALoT said:

Yes that would be awesome. Do you use it with .strm files? I also wouldn't mind letting you poke around on the server to check a couple of things. 

Sure thing.  I've got a couple thousand STRM movies so I'll d/l subs for a few and see what I get trying the subs on a few client platforms.

SirTranceALoT, thanks for the offer, might take you up on that depending on how my testing goes.

If we're talking about basic functionality of strm and subtitle playing this does work for me.

I just used Emby to download an srt for a movie I have that's using a STRM file and it worked.  Timing was off but I didn't do a hash match and just grabbed the first sub available to test with but it worked in web and Android TV, Android Mobile and web.  I can test other clients if needed or other sub types if needed, just let me know.

Carlo

SirTranceALoT

Thnx m8. 

I just tried on my GF's Android TV box and it works there too. This is very odd. Can you tell me what player it is using while playing back. You can see that in the stats for nerds. 

In short, this is probbably a problem with my ATV box in combination with the client. 

SirTranceALoT
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It could be a variation depending on how it is streaming from emby server.

well she streams from my server and it works on her end. She tried it tonight. So serverwise all should be fine so it must be my client. I'll delete the cache and reinstall it. 

SirTranceALoT

OK, so I turned on external player and then it works with transcoding turned on. When I tried on the emby client, the server isn't transcoding. I also checked with my GF's profile on my TV box and they don't show. On her profile, transcoding is turned off. Now I haven't checked what happens when she plays back media. Will come back to you on that.

Edit: Installed EmbyCon for Kodi and they show with direct play. No transcoding. Direct play on the emby client does not work.

Edited by SirTranceALoT

SirTranceALoT

OK will do so later on today. To recap cause I see I'm making a little mess of things:

- With External player and transcoding turned on: Subtitles show and server is transcoding. 
- With external player turned off and transcoding turned on: Emby client does not show subtitles and server is not transcoding
- With EmbyCon for Kodi and transcoding turned on: Subtitles play fine and server is transcoding
- With EmbyCon for Kodi and transcoding turned off: Subtitles show and server is direct playing
- With another profile with transcoding turned off on another TV box: Subtitles show fine and Direct streaming
- With another profile with transcoding turned off on my TV box: subtitles don't show and server is direct playing

Edited by SirTranceALoT

- With external player turned off and transcoding turned on: Emby client does not show subtitles and server is not transcoding

This is the main scenario we need to look at.

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is the main scenario we need to look at.

Yes and we need to figure out what is different about your setup since this works for both me and Cayars.

• 2 months later...
SirTranceALoT

Hi guys.

Sorry for the absolutely late reply but just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be resolved since running server version 4.5.2.0 and client for Androidt TV 1.8.40g.

• 3 months later...

Maybe this was answered before but, I have the problem that whenever there are more than one subtitle at the same time I only see one.

For example when 2 people are speaking at the same time or one is speaking and there are voices in the background.

Normally  you would have the background on the top have of the screen and the other speaking person at the bottom.

Or when someone is speaking and there are street signs in the picture which have a subtitle.

I can only see one but never both subtitles.

Like this 

converted_video_in_powerdvd.jpg

I only choose this picture to make it more understandable what I mean.

In Emby App on Nividia Shield I can only see the bottom subtitle and for example in Kodi I can see them both at the same time.

Edited by Deathmo

16 hours ago, Deathmo said:

Maybe this was answered before but, I have the problem that whenever there are more than one subtitle at the same time I only see one.

For example when 2 people are speaking at the same time or one is speaking and there are voices in the background.

Normally  you would have the background on the top have of the screen and the other speaking person at the bottom.

Or when someone is speaking and there are street signs in the picture which have a subtitle.

I can only see one but never both subtitles.

Like this 

converted_video_in_powerdvd.jpg

I only choose this picture to make it more understandable what I mean.

In Emby App on Nividia Shield I can only see the bottom subtitle and for example in Kodi I can see them both at the same time.

Are these ASS subtitles?  If so, turn on the option in the app playback setting to burn those in for proper formatting.

With the next version of the app, that should not be necessary but it is right now.

• Like 1