No Media Info listed against any files - cannot stream to any clients

grazza2a

grazza2a
Hi all,

Even though I've yet to get my install working yet, I'm loving the potential of MB3 especially its ability to stream DVD ISOs.

I'm currently running the server as a test from my Win7 laptop before doing a full install on what will be a desktop configured as a dedicated HTPC. I've installed both the latest Release and separately the latest Beta versions (as of 4th May). I'm testing the server against a small sample range of files to stream to the Android client on a Sony Xperia Z and a Rokchip powered Android TV box. I'm also testing against 2 Now TV boxes (Roku LTs) plus MediaBrowser theatre. I'm also interested in streaming to an LG BP630 Bluray via DLNA.

I've hopefully followed the naming structure of files, especially the ISOs. These are placed in D:/Video/Name of TV programme/Season 1/Name of TV programme S01 E01 - E03 Disc1.iso (as an example). Metadata is found and downloaded.

I've also got some standard flv files and avi files all following a similar naming structure (albeit these are individual episodes).

Each of the clients (Android and Roku) find the server and connect. They each list the episodes I'm testing and display artwork and descriptions. However, when I attempt to play these files they display the error that the files have been skipped as they are missing some media info. No other information is given.

When I attempt the same on the Now TV Roku boxes, the display indicates that the files are being retrieved but then returns to the previous menu screen and nothing is played.

The LG Bluray sees Media Browser on the network but navigating to where the titles should be displayed - shows nothing.

On the local machine, the files are seen and can be played. However, on the ISOs, not all episodes are listed and when I attempt to play, I am given a random episode. I also can't see how to enable subtitles.

Running through Mediabrowser theatre (very nice design, btw) I can play the ISO as a full disc mount (including menus).

Media Browser Dashboard and Theatre are local to the server.

Now I note from this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5965-missing-media-info/  that missing media info maybe the route cause of my issues because when I look for media info for any of the files I have imported, I can only see the file path - no other details are shown. This is regardless of the file type.

Firstly, as others are enjoying success with their server installs, I'm convinced that I'm missing something very basic and I wonder if anyone would share a screenshot showing how their folders and files are named - especially ISO files that hold multiple episodes. I can then use that as a template and start from there.

Note, I have rescanned the library and completed a reinstall in an attempt to correct this.

If anyone else has experienced the same and has discovered a solution, I'd be pleased to hear it.

Many thanks in advance.

grazza2a
Hi again - apologies for bumping and for my long first post (below). I'm still having issues getting up and running and would appreciate some assistance (I am new at this).

Server install is on Win 7 using latest Beta release. I've tried official release too. Plus renaming media folder and rescanning.

I'm only testing against a small range of files (AVI, ISO, FLV, TS). The media folder has correctly scanned these and added to the library. The files correctly show in Theatre, Roku and Android clients - artwork and other metadata has been downloaded and is correct. However, Media Info is limited to displaying the file path only and only displays on the local host machine. In Android, all media files (regardless of format) are skipped due to "missing media info". Roku is adhoc and sometimes will play AVI and FLV files.

I am unsure what I should expect from ISOs. These are standard DVD rips with menus and no encryption. MBT - the ISO is mounted and displays the menu but I cannot select menu options - the menu simply seems to show as a short video clip. Roku attempts to retreive but then returns to the main client menu - this is also true of TS files.

I've read through the forum and the wiki and as far as I can tell my naming and folder structure is compliant. I'm posting in the server section of the forum as I think the issue lies with how I've setup the server.

I'm not sure if I'm reporting a fault here or if my newness at this means that I'm missing something obvious or simply my expectations don't match.

What Media Info should I expect to see listed? What should happen with DVD ISOs accross different clients? Expecially DVD ISOs with multiple episodes?

Thanks in advance.

Redshirt

ISO support is experimental. So clients may have trouble with them, as you now know. 

As for the missing media info message on the Android client. I meant to remove that a few months ago and forgot. Thanks for reminding me. I want to be clear though that without the Servers media info for a file, the result will be the video stretched to full-screen ignoring aspect ratio. You would have the best experience with MB if you encoded your media to a different format. mp4/H264/AAC is the best format if your using Roku or Android as clients.

Hi again - apologies for bumping and for my long first post (below). I'm still having issues getting up and running and would appreciate some assistance (I am new at this).

Server install is on Win 7 using latest Beta release. I've tried official release too. Plus renaming media folder and rescanning.

I'm only testing against a small range of files (AVI, ISO, FLV, TS). The media folder has correctly scanned these and added to the library. The files correctly show in Theatre, Roku and Android clients - artwork and other metadata has been downloaded and is correct. However, Media Info is limited to displaying the file path only and only displays on the local host machine. In Android, all media files (regardless of format) are skipped due to "missing media info". Roku is adhoc and sometimes will play AVI and FLV files.

I am unsure what I should expect from ISOs. These are standard DVD rips with menus and no encryption. MBT - the ISO is mounted and displays the menu but I cannot select menu options - the menu simply seems to show as a short video clip. Roku attempts to retreive but then returns to the main client menu - this is also true of TS files.

I've read through the forum and the wiki and as far as I can tell my naming and folder structure is compliant. I'm posting in the server section of the forum as I think the issue lies with how I've setup the server.

I'm not sure if I'm reporting a fault here or if my newness at this means that I'm missing something obvious or simply my expectations don't match.

What Media Info should I expect to see listed? What should happen with DVD ISOs accross different clients? Expecially DVD ISOs with multiple episodes?

Thanks in advance.

you should see full media info. try refreshing the items from the editing interface.