Playback pausing before resuming on Emby Theater direct play

mechguy

mechguy

I am experiencing pausing for a few seconds at a time on Emby Theater.

The Emby server version is 4.0.1 and the theater version is 3.0.6 the server and client are both connected via Gigabit LAN.

The issue was experienced in the attached log file at around:

10/02/2019

15:41
16.55 (twice)

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Edited by mechguy

Strange, I've never seen this. Can you update to the latest version of Emby Theater? 

@ have you seen this?

Thanks.

mechguy

It was a 1 hour long MKV H264 file. It happens in many different files all of which are usually the same container and encode. The theater version is the most up to date 3.0.6, apologies for misreporting in my first post.

Guest asrequested

So it pauses then resumes? I imagine it's playing directly, so that would leave network and/or hardware issues. Do you have another computer you can test with?

mechguy

That is correct, the status of the player never actually changes, the pause button doesn't change into a play button as it would when you pause a video manually. After about 3-5 seconds the video will resume. The videos are always direct playing, the issue does happen on other devices too. Is there any way for me to monitor how much direct play data is buffered to see if that is the issue?

This sounds network related to me, as if the data just can't be delivered fast enough for whatever reason. Can you please attach the emby server log? i just want to verify that it is actually direct playing, and that the server isn't performing any other kind of intensive activity that might affect playback. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see anything abnormal here. Are you still running into this? Have you updated to the 4.0.2 server release?