Subtitles - Open Subtitles Question

Pain
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'm not clear how the Open Subtitles work. I believe when a movie is added to the library a subtitle file is downloaded with it? I just signed up for Open Subtitles and added the login to Emby.

Next question, when I select a subtitle in the app (FireTV) all I see is eng and when I select that subtitle the subs are always on. How would I setup Emby server so the subs are only seen when foreign language is detected?

Thanks Pain

Regarding the first question, yes that's correct, as well as the subtitle download scheduled task.

Regarding the second question, all you see is English because these are the subtitles you have in your library for that file. If you'd like more, you'd need to download more. Does this make sense?

Regarding the first question, yes that's correct, as well as the subtitle download scheduled task.

Regarding the second question, all you see is English because these are the subtitles you have in your library for that file. If you'd like more, you'd need to download more. Does this make sense?

Hi Luke

Yes that makes sense. Is there a way to make it so you only see subs when foreign language is detected rather then always on?

Thanks