Kinda messed up my sections on my Home Screen when using Web Page

wayloncovil

wayloncovil

ORIGINAL POST:

So, when I was logged on my home page from my web browser, I got the idea that I wanted to rearrange my categories.

I clicked on the elipses to the right of "My Media" and changed the order of a few things.

My Media is gone and I don't see elipses next to anything else so I can't seem to figure out how to change the order of the items on my home screen and get my media back.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can pull up the settings to change the order my categories display on my home page?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I found where to edit the home screen, I click on my user icon and then click on Home Screen.

However, once I rearranged something, the changes didn't actually stick and I didn't see a save button on the page.

UPDATE 2:

I logged in using Chrome browser and my home screen showed default settings which leads me to believe that maybe the settings are based on cookies or something - not that I care, just a guess.

When I click on the elipses, a dialog opens with a save button on the bottom. But accessing the home screen from my profile icon doesn't have a save button at the bottom.

Edited by wayloncovil

Hi, sounds like you need to just go back into the home screen settings and check the sections that you've configured to show. Can you try doing that? thanks.

wayloncovil

Luke,

I clicked on my profile icon, and clicked on the Home Screen. I then change the order of a few things. There was no save button on this screen.

I went back to the home screen but things were the same. I then clicked on the elipses next to My Media.

Interestingly, the order of items was exactly how I changed them when I went into the Home Screen settings via the profile icon. I went ahead and clicked the save button which displays from this view and then went back to the home screen.

The changes were now applied. It seems like when I go to Home Screen settings via the profile button, the order is saved but it isn't applied. It seemed like it was only applied once I went to the other view that had the save button where the settings were actually applied.

I then logged in via firefox and my settings were also applied in FireFox. One thing of interest that may be helpful is the theme I selected in Chrome Doesn't cross over to the theme in FireFox. It looks like the themes need to be selected via browsers individually.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Edited by wayloncovil

Doesn't cross over to the theme

Correct.  You may want different themes on different devices, so that's why we do this.

wayloncovil

Luke, I figured this out.

I went to the user goes profile icon, and then made changes to the home screen. I then clicked the home icon on the upper left hand side.

Changes were not applied. I then clicked the refresh page button on my browser and the page reloaded with the changes applied.

I suppose I would have expected that the changes would have been applied as soon as I left the Home Screen settings page.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes that is something we need to improve, so that the changes are reflected immediately.