Windows 10 PC doesn't wake up to record.

wayloncovil

Yes we do this while recording. It hasn't yet been fully tested while running as a service though.

wayloncovil

I tried another test.

This morning I set Emby to record at 10:00 AM local a show called xploration outer space. (see attached log)

The PC work at 9:53 AM and went to sleep at 10:10 AM.

It did not start recording the show however. I don't see a folder or files related to the show in my recordings folder.

embyserver_xploration.zip

wayloncovil

@@Luke, yesterday I installed Version 4.1.0.20 beta.

I noticed that my computer wasn't going to sleep.

I checked using powercfg -requests at the elevated command prompt and Emby does appear to be keeping the system awake.

SYSTEM:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.exe

I looked in the Windows System Log and I don't see evidence of it going to sleep since installing the newest version.

I'm thinking your new keep awake code might not be running as expected.

Once the computer wakes based on the wake up command, I would expect the keep awake code to ping the computer every minute (every minute because the default value for Windows is 2 minutes).

Once a program is done recording, Emby would stop sending the keep awake command and the computer would naturally go to sleep.

Just keeping you up to date.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. We're going to have to go through and double check all of this when running as a service.

wayloncovil

@@Luke,

I've uninstalled the Beta and installed the lasted stable. I've also set my computer to just stay on all the time.

Instead of using another program to record, I'm going to use Emby to record my shows for now.

Probably won't want to revisit this issue until I have some more time to troubleshoot.

Thanks!