Jump of images / blackscreen during the playback of the video at the end only

theghost31

Wondertje

Please try 4.2.0.15 and see if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Is that a beta version?

kelly.clubb

I'm using windows and I"m willing to upgrade to beta, but I can't seem to find the links.  Can someone please point me to it?  I am having my issues on chrome on windows.  That's what I use when I"m at home since it's hooked to my 40" TV.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it...

Edited by kelly.clubb

kelly.clubb

Well, after upgrading to Beta and trying again, I have the same results.  Gets stuck about 5 minutes from the end of the show.  This is very frustrating for me.  Every single episode of this series has this issue and all the files are in the same format.

Video TitleSD MPEG4
CodecMPEG4
Codec tagDX50
Level-99
Resolution448x336
Aspect ratio4:3
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate446 kbps
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
Audio TitleMP3 stereo
CodecMP3
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate94 kbps
Sample rate44,100 Hz
DefaultNo
Subtitle TitleEnglish (SRT)
LanguageEnglish
CodecSRT
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalYes
Containeravi
PathD:\NAS\Video\TV Shows\Star Trek Voyager\Season 4\Star.Trek-.Voyager.-.S04E09.-.Year.Of.Hell.(2).SDTV.avi
Size172 MB
Edited by kelly.clubb

theghost31

Do you have enable the transcode option? Try to disable it to see if it's better. Maybe you can also, for the test, disable the throttle option. Otherwise, I don't know :/

Wondertje

My latest tests have shown a strong correlation between the files stopping playback and the grey little load bar reaching the end of the video. As soon as that grey bar touches the end, poof - black screen.

kelly.clubb

Seems my friend that got me to use Emby instead of Plex is also having the same issue.  He was like "I just skip to next episode or leave.  But on TV Shows that have 10 seconds of ending credits you're missing that 5 minutes which can be closure to an ep.  What Wondertje said sounds accurate as well, It seems about the time it's done buffering to the end of episode/movie it will stop playing.

kelly.clubb

Thank you Luke.  If there's anything I can do to help expedite the  process please let me know.

I can grant you access to my server if needed. I got slots open to do so. PM me if that would help you out.  The entire ST Voyager series I've been watching seems to have this issue.

Edited by kelly.clubb

theghost31

Yep Luke, just to reminder, if you look my first posts in this thread with my picture on Supernatural, you will see that I already detected that it was exactly related to the end of the buffer, just after the end of transcode time, emby goes in a "direct mode" which seems to generate sometimes a black screen.

Thank you to have a look about this issue :)

Edited by theghost31

kelly.clubb

Just a mention on my issue, I'm on my LAN and it's using directplay  to play my audio.  It has the buffer files in cache. I randomly do see people that have ~5 min left of a vid that looks like it just stopped.  Not sure if that is the user or related to my issue.  BTW, my issues also happens when I'm on the emby app for Android.

theghost31

And in this moment, right now, after 7 tries, I can't finish my episode :/. Everytime blackscree 3min before the end, I'm running on Samsung S8 under Chrome Android.

Frustrating this issue :P

post-312057-0-86002500-1561101060_thumb.jpg

Edited by theghost31

Wondertje

Frustrating indeed. For me the issue is prevalent both on Android (Samsung Galaxy S6 + Chromecast) and in the web app on Chrome (latest version).

theghost31

To mention a last thing,I got a blackscreen always at the same timing, cf my attachment in my previous message.

If I skip the exactly timing, 4 seconds after of watching, I got again a blackscreen and a freeze so I quit emby, restart my episode and try to skip the exactly timing. Again after 4 seconds of watching, again. So it's painful to watch my last 3 min :P.

kelly.clubb

since I've updated to beta by emby server has now started randomly crashing when I try to play a video. on restart of the emby server (which I end up having to remote into and restart) it will then magically play whatever caused it to crash normally.  Not all the time but a "new" frustration of mine.

since I've updated to beta by emby server has now started randomly crashing when I try to play a video. on restart of the emby server (which I end up having to remote into and restart) it will then magically play whatever caused it to crash normally.  Not all the time but a "new" frustration of mine.

Please make sure to open a topic in the testing area about this. Thanks.

bfir3

Been having this same issue quite frequently as well as of late. Past two or three nights I've been watching shows it goes to black about 2-3 minutes before the end of the episode and I have to restart the episode and manually seek to that position again. Here are some log snippets.

edit: I've had reports of this happening to my users on Xbox and PS4 as well.

ffmpeg.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by bfir3