Jump of images / blackscreen during the playback of the video at the end only

theghost31

The throttle feature has been adjusted for the next release. This shouldn't be an issue anymore. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
theghost31

Hi

Héhé I didn't see your message until now, unfortunatly, I see it because I got today again this issue and it appears like that in my admin dashboard.
You can see at the end of the timeline, the line is not fully red (not loaded) (I think it's stopped at 92.6% as mentioned) and it's exactly the last minutes where I get a blackscreen.

I waited 30seconds and always blackscreen, you can see 0:18 on the picture but I didn't ask to restart and ,anyway, I continue to get a blackscreen so I don't see anything until I refresh emby page... :/

I don't know why just me have this issue and you can't reproduce this issue but it's happens only with transcodage. I don't know how to help you.

Thank you in advance 

5cd01c00ade75_CaptureEmbyBug.jpg

Edited by theghost31

What happens if you turn off the throttle feature? How does that compare?

theghost31

I didn't see this checkbox before... The problem still occurs. The red line don't go until 100%, indeed, it skip the the last 5% and go in Direct mode.

This is when I jump until the end, 5min before, and after 15 seconds of playback,, I get this problem. 

post-312057-0-71273100-1557187384_thumb.jpg

post-312057-0-56949900-1557187400_thumb.jpg

Edited by theghost31

• 2 weeks later...
theghost31

Hi

Yes I can give you a file to try : https://ufile.io/dp0gup7m

But, as mentioned recently in this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72236-emby-stops-during-playback/?p=744439

t's something that we can't easily reproduce it. It's not all the time, or I should say, we don't get a black freeze at a specific time on each devices :/.

And if you skip the 'broken timing / frame' (30 seconds after), in general, we can continue the movie / episode that we're currently watching 
Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Hi

I reproduce this issue with all my tvshow via Chrome on Android phone. I have a Samsung S8. I think you can try on a tvshow of 20min.I get it now on the latest episode of Simpson for example. 1min before end, black screen, I have to skip 10 seconds to see the end.

theghost31

And BTW, it's me or since few months, I can't anymore use Intel QSV because I'm not a user emby premiere? I'm pretty sure before, I used QSV to help my computer to transcode.

Do you know if something changed?

Thank you

kelly.clubb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mapbxaf4qb453h7/logs.zip?dl=0

I have issue where emby plays and stops with a black screen.  Hitting play will not fix it.  I have to hit the back button, go back to the episode that has now decided that it's been played and then manually point to right after the point it stopped and that is iffy.

My server is on windows server 2016 and all it does is be a nas and stream content.  I have seen the issue on chrome on my pc (local network) and on my pixel 3xl android over wifi on same network.  I've done many reboots, cleared cache and lots more but nothing seems to fix it.  Been an issue for quite awhile.  Please help.  I'm a premium subscriber.

Picture of what happens just in near end of any general video.

Example of issue:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1trdhwdyptov6yr/Capture.PNG?dl=0

File Info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mpgn3qs9fhdgar/Capture2.PNG?dl=0

Edited by kelly.clubb

• 3 weeks later...
theghost31

@@Luke, it was reported to me this issue again on Chrome Browser :(

Can you check the log, I got an error in log during the issue ! I hope you will understand it. It's around 10:26PM 

In the second time,  could you please tell me if some others errors are normal ? Like OpenSubtitles ect ? 

Thank you 

EDIT: Be careful, the name of the file is composed with 10:56PM but the issue was at 10:26PM 

error_emby_22hours_56.txt

ffmpeg.txt

Edited by theghost31

2019-06-05 04:01:00.561 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.0.11
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.15.18.41518
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ServiceUnavailable

OpenSubtitles responded saying they were unavailable. Probably just a temporary issue on their side because the rest of your log looks clean to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mapbxaf4qb453h7/logs.zip?dl=0

I have issue where emby plays and stops with a black screen.  Hitting play will not fix it.  I have to hit the back button, go back to the episode that has now decided that it's been played and then manually point to right after the point it stopped and that is iffy.

My server is on windows server 2016 and all it does is be a nas and stream content.  I have seen the issue on chrome on my pc (local network) and on my pixel 3xl android over wifi on same network.  I've done many reboots, cleared cache and lots more but nothing seems to fix it.  Been an issue for quite awhile.  Please help.  I'm a premium subscriber.

Picture of what happens just in near end of any general video.

Example of issue:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1trdhwdyptov6yr/Capture.PNG?dl=0

File Info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mpgn3qs9fhdgar/Capture2.PNG?dl=0

Can you provide a copy of this .avi for testing? thanks.

kelly.clubb

Can you provide a copy of this .avi for testing? thanks.

Dropbox Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/nle3pudi48zx6t1/Star.Trek-.Voyager.-.S04E07.-.Scientific.Method.SDTV.avi?dl=0

Please let me know when you're done with link so I can remove it from my dropbox account.

Also, I use chrome most the time. I had some other vids start doing the same thing yesterday.  Not sure if they were avi or mp4 or mkv etc...

Edited by kelly.clubb

Wondertje

Yeah, I reported the same issue - but it seems they haven't been able to track it down yet. I think that all we can do is keep sending logs and hopefully they'll find something. I provided like 6 logs, but I'm not sure they've checked them yet. Some people had success when trying the beta instead, but I'm not sure if that was an intentional fix or just a fluke.

kelly.clubb

Not sure if the opensubs post was for me or someone else.

ya, I tend to get a lot of "too many requests" for the longest time from them.  I just let it go and hoped it would eventually fix itself.  I also use pi-hole which may for awhile had opensubtitles blocked.  subs don't seem to be an issue though, I generally just watch video when them turned off.

theghost31

@@Luke, I thought, the issue was this part. Cf the attachement ').

Please look again, the end of the log file in my previous message, if you want more details :)

Thanks

post-312057-0-81661900-1559974408_thumb.jpg

Edited by theghost31

theghost31

Yeah, I reported the same issue - but it seems they haven't been able to track it down yet. I think that all we can do is keep sending logs and hopefully they'll find something. I provided like 6 logs, but I'm not sure they've checked them yet. Some people had success when trying the beta instead, but I'm not sure if that was an intentional fix or just a fluke.

It's me who suggested the latest beta but the beta fixed the issue on my phone under android with chrome. But I continue to get it on Windows computer under chrome :/

theghost31

Not sure if the opensubs post was for me or someone else.

ya, I tend to get a lot of "too many requests" for the longest time from them. I just let it go and hoped it would eventually fix itself. I also use pi-hole which may for awhile had opensubtitles blocked. subs don't seem to be an issue though, I generally just watch video when them turned off.

The response of Luke was for me with my logs. I had two mistakes in the log and one of them was OpenSubtitles '). Edited by theghost31

theghost31

@@Luke, could you please give me an answer about my question with the logs? Is it a clue? A help about the issue?

I think if it's not the case today, you should considerate this issue as major, huge issue...

We are really many to get this issue.

I reported it since FEBRUARY !

This issue breaks the main usecase where we want to use emby :/. And I want to say, I love emby, really useful media center and pretty :), but with this issue, me and my users are angry with this dumb issue of blackscreen :/

Please try to be more focus on this issue because some others issues as I can see about cosmetics or features are really less important for me. Get a stable product before to want to make evolve it :)

Edited by theghost31