Images By Name - two different people with identical names, how to add?

HTPCity_Planner

HTPCity_Planner

I am trying to adjust a Person identified by MB3 incorrectly in one of my movies.  For the movie, Dr. Strangelove, It is shows the American actress, Tracy Reed.  However, the correct actress is the British actress Tracy Reed.

I tried going in and adding a new folder for the correct Tracy Reed along with a new .xml file and photo for the correct one in the Server>ImagesByName>People folder, but the system asks (as normal) if I want to merge this folder with the existing one.  I don't.  It is a different actress, just same exact spelling of the other.

How does one add a new person in this instance?

Unfortunately, you can't.

The data we are provided at the source is nothing but a name so there isn't any way to tell the difference between the two.

Koleckai Silvestri

We definitely need a solution for duplicate people. Everything else in the system is controlled by unique GUIDs. Wonder why people aren't when that is the probably the most likely place that collision will occur.

We definitely need a solution for duplicate people. Everything else in the system is controlled by unique GUIDs. Wonder why people aren't when that is the probably the most likely place that collision will occur.

Because of what I said above.  The source data provided to us (from places like tmdb) is just a name.

Addressing this will require a coordinated effort from a whole bunch of people/systems.

HTPCity_Planner

I didn't really want to, but perhaps as a temp fix, I'll just edit the xml and make it the person I want.