Real Time Monitoring with Nested folders

OSBuckeyes4Life

OSBuckeyes4Life

Question about Real Time Monitoring. I have multiple folders added and all work except tvshows. So here’s how it’s setup folder structure

Movies

Top Gun.mp4

Bad Boys.mp4

Men In Black.mkv

KidsMovies

Shriek.mp4

Shriek 2.mp4

The Little Mermaid.mp4

TvShows

The League

Season1

S01E01.mp4

S01E02.mp4

Season2

S02E01.mp4

S02E02.mp4

The Blacklist

Season1

S01E01

Now if I add to the TvShows a new folder like The Blacklist, Emby picks it up, but if I added a S01E01 file, it takes a full library scan to see it. I am running a windows 10 server up to date (4.0.1.0) and the files are on a Synology and 1815+. It’s just weird that if I add to Movies folder or KidsMovies folder, it works, only difference is the nested. Did I miss a setting when adding?

mastrmind11

it works with nested forlders.  both of your example folder structures are supported.

OSBuckeyes4Life

So what is wrong then.  It will notice that I add the Folder "The Blacklist", but whenever sickchill moves the episode under that structure, volume1/data/Videos/TVShows/The Blacklist/Season 01/S01E01, it won't notice that until I do a full library scan.  I have everything checked in the settings that should be, 

Enable Real Time Monitoring is checked.  Let me enable debugging, Ill add a show and attach the logs here.

Edited by schoepp23

OSBuckeyes4Life

Ok so I added the show "Alice (2009)" to SickChill at 3:37 PM EST.  Within a minute I already see it added to Emby with all the metadata.  I now enable the Debug Logging and process the 2 episodes that this show has at 3:40 PM EST.

They are now in the following folder structure 

A:\Videos\TVShows\Alice (2009)\Season 01

Alice (2009) - S01E01 - Night One.m4v

Alice (2009) - S01E02 - Night Two.avi

It does not matter how long I wait.  I have to do a full library scan for Emby to pick them up.  HEre is ten minutes later and it isn't even looking for the episodes.

embyserver.txt

Angus Black

Does sickchill have an option to trigger a scan in Emby like Sonarr does?

It isn't a fix to the problem but may be a workaround.

Edited by Angus Black

OSBuckeyes4Life

Nothing that I am aware of.  Its just weird.  Looking at settings now and I don't see anything.

Happy2Play

Ok so I added the show "Alice (2009)" to SickChill at 3:37 PM EST.  Within a minute I already see it added to Emby with all the metadata.  I now enable the Debug Logging and process the 2 episodes that this show has at 3:40 PM EST.

They are now in the following folder structure 

A:\Videos\TVShows\Alice (2009)\Season 01

Alice (2009) - S01E01 - Night One.m4v

Alice (2009) - S01E02 - Night Two.avi

It does not matter how long I wait.  I have to do a full library scan for Emby to pick them up.  HEre is ten minutes later and it isn't even looking for the episodes.

Debug logging won't start until you restart your server.

OSBuckeyes4Life

So I created an API key in Emby and added that to SickRage, I am now getting it to work.  Thank you guys so much!!!  So really at this point, I don't even need a Full Library Scan then!

OSBuckeyes4Life

Well I am not sure what that problem would be.  I mean all the Real Time Monitoring is working, it just doesn't for the nested folders.  I can add movies and TVShows all day and they show up in under a minute.  Its just the episodes that aren't showing up.

OSBuckeyes4Life

Hey Luke,

So this is kinda a little for both.  What was happening was I would add a Movie Folder in SickChill (lets say it is /volume1/Videos/TVShows/This Is Us

In Emby it would pick up the "This Is Us" folder change and add it immediately in my Movies Library.

I would then go and have SickChill look for the Episodes and or go to PB and grab the Season packs.  Once they are down being acquired, SickChill would rename them and place them into the Season01/Season02/Season03 etc folder.  So they were now live to be consumed but I would have to do an actual Full Scan to see them in Emby.  

Now I did go into SickChill and add that setting that was mentioned above and it did fix my issue but it was outside the Emby world.  So everything is working a few days later now.  So I would suggest for anyone else having this issue with a Synology to follow these steps:

In Emby:

Server Dashboard

Advanced

Security Tab

Click the + to add a new key

App Name I called it SickChill

Copy the API key

In SickChill do the following:

Settings

Notifications

Go to Emby:

Click the Enable checkbox.

Enter your Emby IP Port - xxx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx

Enter the Emby API Key you created above.

Now the Question Luke is should this be what you have to do or should Emby pick up without the changes in the folders without SickChill sending the notification?  Thanks for looking into this.

Can you please enable debug logging under logs, restart the server, then add new content, give it a little time, then attach the log? 

We need to find out if the realtime monitor is supported in your environment, and then if it is, ensure that it's functioning correctly. Please try to do this with SickChill not running so that those notifications are not coming in. 

Thanks. 

OSBuckeyes4Life

Yes, I will do this tonight and let it run overnight. That will give plenty of logs and give some time for some downloads overnight to be queued up. More to come tomorrow.