one emby server-multiple storage locations

halkx

My lan topology consists of several nas servers (qnap, synology, asustor) which hold my media library...each server holds different content (4K movies, HD movies, TV, music etc).

I have a 2-bay synology which I want to use as my central emby server and find a way to point to the locations of my media hosted on the other servers...Is this possible? 

Thanks

Michael

mastrmind11

My lan topology consists of several nas servers (qnap, synology, asustor) which hold my media library...each server holds different content (4K movies, HD movies, TV, music etc).

I have a 2-bay synology which I want to use as my central emby server and find a way to point to the locations of my media hosted on the other servers...Is this possible? 

Thanks

Michael

You'd mount the shares on whatever box is running Emby, and then import those shares as libraries in Emby.

I have mounted a share on the synology box and I can see the contents of the mounted folder of the qnap nas from file station but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to find or input the share location when I run the library wizard on emby...

ah...it was a permissions problem on the synology box....that's why the location didn't show up on the library wizard...maybe a message about access denied would help??