Users disconnecting from Emby

hilmir

Hello!

Recently one of my setups has been experiencing stutter and freezes in the playback on many of the devices connected.

I've yet to pinpoint the exact reason but I suspect it's being caused by disconnects from the Emby server.

At least I've noticed some users disconnecting and connecting frequently while watching video.

The problem seems to be bound to certain devices while others can stream seamlessly.

The usercount is reported as well below the limit of the Premium subscription, so I guess that's not the issue.

I'll admit that my skill of bughunting through the logs is limited, so perhaps this is a simple issue that I'm just overseeing.

I've attached the serverlog in case something can be gleamed from that.

I know for sure that the user 192.168.10.193 was having problems with playback, so I've included transcoding logs from one of the incidences. 

The server is version 4.0.1.0. 

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-0f2a29bc-d5dc-4dbf-9dff-dc5f0e2b1ca1_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-ec9721fc-4ccc-42f0-b7f1-f6319837caee_1.txt

I've only seen this with avi files, yes. mkv files seem to be okay.

Some of the devices are running the newest version (3.0.4) and they seem to be okay while streaming avi files. The status in the emby server tells me they're playing without transcoding so I'm inclined to think that this is happening somewhere in the transcoding process.

I should note as well that many of the devices were running Emby for Andriod versions as old as 1.4.

For the avi files definitely. This seems to have started after an automatic update on the server.

Is this a thing to be expected on more devices on similar setups?

Most of the devices are an android TV box called Beelink GT1:

http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-MiniPC-TV-BOX-103-1.html

Most of them are running on android version 7.1.2

The devices had Emby for androidTV version 1.4.36g. I installed the Emby for mobile version 3.0.2 instead.

I'm guessing that the reason the stuttering and freezing ceased after updating is because the avi files are now directly playing instead of being transcoded.

Well you could lower the in-app quality setting to make them transcode. But question, why not use our android tv app?