Bug: Any user can play any recording even if it’s not in their library

Diedrich

Diedrich

Server 4.1.0.6

As the title says, any user can play a recording from the recordings screen even if the series is not in their library. This could be a major issue for some people if a child or someone else were to have access to content they are not supposed to see!

Diedrich

Please discuss a detailed example. thanks.

tldr;

I guess my concern is: If a series is not in a user's library, then they shouldn't see any recordings not corresponding to series in their library.

--------

Have some recordings that User A does not have in their personal library. With User A, go to recordings. You will now be able to see and play any recording in the Recordings library regardless whether or not they would normally have it in their own library.

Example:

User A Library - Paw Patrol, Curious George

User B Library - NCIS, The Walking Dead

Recordings - Paw Patrol, Curious George, NCIS, The Walking Dead

User A can go to recordings and will see, and can play The Walking Dead despite it not being available in their library.

User B, same thing - they would see and be able to play Curious George (not really an issue since User B appears to be an adult).

pir8radio

I would like emby to default where users only see/delete their own recordings.   With an account option box that allows them to see all recordings (parents).

Guest asrequested

I would like emby to default where users only see/delete their own recordings.   With an account option box that allows them to see all recordings (parents).

This would be good