LAV Video Filter

jasonmcroy

Koleckai Silvestri

There is one for each as far as I am aware.. A Windows Phone App and one for larger screens. 

• Like 1

There is one for each as far as I am aware.. A Windows Phone App and one for larger screens.

Do you mean phone and desktop, or phone and tablet?

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!

swhitmore

Do you mean phone and desktop, or phone and tablet?

There is an app for Windows 8/RT and an app for Windows Phone 8. They are made by 2 different devs, but there is talk of eventually making a universal app.

Download Links under 'Mobile Apps'

Edited by swhitmore

Will the app for Windows 8/RT run on a desktop machine?

swhitmore

Will the app for Windows 8/RT run on a desktop machine?

If the desktop is running Windows 8, then yes. Otherwise the MBT client, or the web client are the only other options.

7illusions

The Windows 8 app requires Windows 8.1, it will not be visible in store with Windows 8 only. And yes, it will work on ANY windows 8.1 machine, x86, x64 and ARM(Windows RT).

Just click the link and you should e good to go.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/media-browser/ad55a2f0-9897-47bd-8944-bed3aefd5d06

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

Thank you. I was asking for my brother. We tried unsuccessfully to get MB Theater to work over the internet before discovering it's not designed for that. He has since given up on MB. Hopefully I'll be able to convince him to try again.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.

mbt has settings in the video area to configure the streaming bitrate. you should reduce it to a number suitable for remote playback and it should be fine.

So is this post by Wayne Luke incorrect?

" MBT isn't suitable for remote streaming at this time. Many of the features needed that are not supported by the client. You should use a Roku, Android with Chromecast or the Windows 8.1 App for remote viewing."

Koleckai Silvestri

It wasn't when it was posted. The controls in MBT were released in a build two days ago.

Sorry, I opened Theater tonight, and there aren't any settings for streaming that I can find. Just what network to connect to, and appearance.

hifiaudio2

FWIW, I am using MBT with MPC-HC external player, with latest LAV codecs, MadVR and xysubfilter and the resulting picture is top notch. It plays HEVC (x265) fine too :-)

I lose the internal player overlay, but the resulting picture quality makes it well worth it.

There's a great guide which I followed here :-

http://garteal.hostoi.com/how-to-setup-media-player-classic-home-cinema

The only thing not mentioned is how to configure the LAV codecs - they are pretty straightforward though.

Same here... my Core2 duo  / Nforce 9400 htpc that is a few years old can playback content like you have it setup... MBT launching MPC-HC and madvr.  But switching that to the native MBT player stutters.

ON THE OTHER HAND, my new cheap low powered laptop with a Celeron N2830 can playback the same videos (full quality BD rips to MKV from a Synology NAS) using the MBT native player just fine,  but NOT with launching MPC-HC and madVR.  Perhaps the MBT player likes Intel GPUs better?

hifiaudio2

Sorry, I opened Theater tonight, and there aren't any settings for streaming that I can find. Just what network to connect to, and appearance.