Live TV lag/pause

boogmeister1

boogmeister1

I have a strange issue with only my FireTV 4k's while watching live TV. While watching live TV the picture and audio will lag and pause for upto 5 seconds. It happens at random. I can have it happen only a couple times while watching an hour long show, or a dozen times. The funny thing is, I don't have this problem while watching with my Roku Ultra. The Roku pauses for a few seconds at the beginning of watching a show and then no pauses after. I don't have this issue while watching on my Android phone or web based app, either.

Is there a setting I should change in the FireTV to increase the buffer size for live TV? (As a side note, I don't have this issue while watching recorded TV.)

Thanks,

Eric

There is a buffer size setting in the app.  You could try setting it to "Large" and see if it makes a difference (I actually don't really think it will).

If it doesn't help. we'll need to look at specifics.

Thanks.

boogmeister1

I'll try that and let you know what happens. I saw that setting, but wanted to make sure I "was told to change it by support" before messing with it.

Thanks a ton for the reply!

Eric

• Like 1

boogmeister1

I'm sorry to report, the suggestion to increase teh buffer did not work. 

Any other suggestions? I'm really hoping to get Emby working for my house as the WAF with our current solution is not that high.

Eric