Music Playback Visualisations

timeslip1974

timeslip1974

Embys my main music playback system and I use it both on fire tv and android tv and the playback screen is just the tex of the artist and song without even any album art - Can we get some Album art showing so Im not staring at a massively blank screen

• Like 1

timeslip1974

I agree that is how it should work - It doesnt not however work in the slightest - All my media is correctly tagged and imaged but all I get is a blank screen - see the two screenshots5c5d46ad359d6_IMG_20190208_090205.jpg

5c5d46c45cc0d_IMG_20190208_090405.jpg

What do you see on the main playback screen in the Android TV app?  Is there an artist backdrop there?

Anyone else missing backdrops in Android TV music playback?

kikinjo

Same here @@ebr. Wanted to open thread about it but seen this. Confirm same for me artist / album has all artwork, but now playing after few secs goes blank and only text is visible like Timeslip posted.

Latest Android stable on Firestick 4k here.

Edited by kikinjo

but now playing after few secs goes blank and only text is visible 

You mean it shows artwork initially?  What artwork?

kikinjo

No, my bad. It shows Album artwork when u initially play it after few secs i get same empty screen like timeslips screenshot.

kikinjo

Can you try refreshing one of the albums you are playing and then see if it works?

Tried refresh now , unfortunately it is the same.

BTW just noticed another thing unrelated to music but to movies.

Running stable server 4.0.1, movie is scanned , but in android app there is no movie backdrop picture shown at all, after another refresh on movie & replace images now there is background image on movie in andorid app.

Think this is related to scan issues in 4.0.1, still waiting for new stable to finaly fix those scna issues on latest stable server.

I can confirm doesnt work on either Android TV or Fire stick

Still works fine for me.  It is possible that this is due to the server behavior.  There will be a new release of the server soon.  Please try again with that version (and after a scan has run).

Thanks.

kikinjo

I just restarted full music scan with replace images (even all images are already there for artists, albums, etc...)  Running latest beta, will report result in few hours.

kikinjo

If you go to one of your music artists and select "Edit Images..." Do you see a backdrop defined there?

Yes, all images there, backdrop, primary, logo.  Checked in web app also, all visible when i select artist

Edited by kikinjo

kikinjo

i Have now for additional test removed completely music library, added new library, scanned it. Same identical result. Artist has all images, now playing completely empty.