Some movies won't show metadata/images since latest update (using XML)

theAkran

theAkran

A few dozen of my movies are not showing metadata or images since the latest update. Noticed XML metadata plugin was gone and a bunch of new plugins were added so I rectified that and tried re-scanning but that didn't solve anything. Log included. Thanks for any help.

embyserver00.txt

post-156721-0-97464500-1549515151_thumb.png

theAkran

Sorry I thought that was already in my previous log. Here is a new log, I tried scanning for new/updated files, and searching for missing metadata on a single title, then on my movie library

embyserver.txt

theAkran

In a folder with the title and year (Ace.Ventura.Pet.Detective.1994 for example) with movie.xml and cover/backdrop art in the folder. Metadata and images are generated with a third-party app before I add them.

All of these movies that are having issues were all displayed fine before the latest update, no real rhyme or reason to why certain movies are affected as far as I can tell.

It's due to the 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade. It was a large release. Apologies for the disruption. Can you try the identify feature on  Ace.Ventura.Pet.Detective.1994 ? Thanks.

theAkran

Ace Ventura wasn't one of the movies with a problem, just used it as an example to my folder naming.

But I've tried the identify feature on several movies and it comes up blank even if I include the IMDB code.

That might mean Moviedb does not have that Imdb Id in their database. Can you please try the MovieDb id? thanks.

Happy2Play

In a folder with the title and year (Ace.Ventura.Pet.Detective.1994 for example) with movie.xml and cover/backdrop art in the folder. Metadata and images are generated with a third-party app before I add them.

All of these movies that are having issues were all displayed fine before the latest update, no real rhyme or reason to why certain movies are affected as far as I can tell.

Can you show the contents of "D:\Movies\Bohemian.Rhapsody.2018" as parsing xml error are being thrown.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Why is the parser looking for filename.xml instead of movie.xml?  But I do not see this behavior on my setup.

2019-02-08 13:23:07.423 Error App: Error parsing D:\Movies\Bohemian.Rhapsody.2018\Bohemian.Rhapsody.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.xml

Or is this do to items added to the database when the xml plugin was missing as mentioned in post #1?

Edited by Happy2Play

theAkran

I've always used movie.xml (and series.xml for TV).

I can confirm that switching to Bohemian.Rhapsody.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.xml made the metadata work (but still not detecting cover/backdrop art). I'd rather not have to do this for every title though.

Happy2Play

I've tried refreshing the library and individual titles and neither is having an effect

Which Refresh option did you choose?

Happy2Play

Only other thing I can think of is removing a Movie that you are seeing this issue on, perform a library scan to insure it is removed from the database, then re-add it and perform another library scan to see if the same thing happens.

I have had some wrong identifying of movies and had to do this:

Remove movie from library.

Scan library and look in the web app if it is gone.

Power OFF PC

Power ON PC

Rescan the library and check if movie was added

I had to power cycle the PC because sometimes it would add it and sometimes no changes. When power cycling the PC it would always add it correctly.

theAkran

Here is a copy of the log after trying themoviedb identify search. There is only an option for IMDB code so am I just supposed to put themoviedb code there? Could be doing it wrong I guess

But some of the titles with issues were added in 2013. I shouldn't need to identify titles that have been in my library without any issues for 6 years.

embyserver - Copy.txt

Happy2Play

Here is a copy of the log after trying themoviedb identify search. There is only an option for IMDB code so am I just supposed to put themoviedb code there? Could be doing it wrong I guess

But some of the titles with issues were added in 2013. I shouldn't need to identify titles that have been in my library without any issues for 6 years.

Can you provide a screenshot of this.

But it sounds like something went wrong in the migration to v4 as none of the troubleshooting steps appear to be doing anything.

Have you tried creating a new library and moving an affected item to that new library?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

theAkran

I just tried creating a new movie library with one of the affected titles, no difference.

Is there going to be a fix for trying to read filename.xml instead of movie.xml or do I need to rename every single xml I have? And any idea why it isn't at least finding the cover/backdrop art?

post-156721-0-81924900-1550193930_thumb.png

Edited by theAkran

Happy2Play

I just tried creating a new movie library with one of the affected titles, no difference.

Is there going to be a fix for trying to read filename.xml instead of movie.xml or do I need to rename every single xml I have? And any idea why it isn't at least finding the cover/backdrop art?

The issue is why is your system doing this as mine reads my movie.xml.

Looking at the image, did you delete the provider plugins (OMDB, MovieDB, TVDB)?

Looks like I may need to test removing plugins.