Server Crashing when displaying certain item in music library

gracicot

gracicot

Hello, I had this issue for a long time, now I decided to do something about it and ask for help here.

I have some solar field albums on my server. The problem is at the moment a solar field item is displayed in the library, it crashes the server.

I can scan the library as many time as I want, it won't crash. Only when displaying the item.

I strongly suspect the album art since when I show the page a specific song that triggers the crash, it shows all the info, but has a broken image for album art. Any following requests to the server fail until I start the service again.

I can show log file and stuff like that if it helps, just tell me where to find the relevant info. I can also share the directory containing the faulty files if it helps you solve the problem.

Thanks for the help.

gracicot

Okay, I recreated the issue. It was due to a file permission problem. See, the `emby` user can only access files owned by the group `commonfiles`. I also have a user named `commonshare` that has write access to the directory. The `commonshare` user added cover images with the owner `commonshare:commonshare`. It seem the server crashes when trying to load a file without the required access rights. Rubber ducky!

Edit: The permission were 750 (-rwxr-x---)

Edited by gracicot