Can't Add New Devices

vmartin24

vmartin24

I have a server with Emby Premiere also purchased Emby Premiere 45 Monthly.

The problem I'm having is new Devices won't authenticate with my server. They are able to only see the Private IP of the server but not the Public IP. 

My server is a Docker running on Unraid. I'm running version Version 4.0.1.0

I have my emby server with premier. I added two emby accounts to share my library with. These two accounts are the ones I use to add devices to. 

Can I continue to add devices on the shared accounts?

Is there a device limit per user?

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this issue. It appears to affect only new devices, they are unable to authenticate with PIN and only see the server's private IP address and not the public IP.

Thanks

Hi. Authentication issues would not be related to Premiere at all.  Premiere only limits some feature access it will never deny authentication.

This just sounds like perhaps you need to properly route your WAN access.

Connectivity

Have you previously verified remote access capabilities with any devices? Or is this your first time trying from outside the network?

vmartin24

The thing that's failing is Emby Authentication with Pin. After Authenticating with PIN, the user just sees the server name with the LAN IP addresses. If the user tries to connect to it, nothing happens and it just times out, saying the server is offline. 

Is there a way to end or produce logs of these failed connections to see what's preventing them from authenticating with PIN?

Manual setup works fine, Server Name/IP Address User/Pass. The thing that's failing is PIN Authentication. 

Thanks

Hi, can you please answer my previous question? Have you ever connected to your Emby Server out of network before?

Manual setup works fine, Server Name/IP Address User/Pass. The thing that's failing is PIN Authentication. 

If you are saying that manually typing in the address connects fine but it cannot connect when using the PIN process, then that would indicate that your server is not reporting the proper WAN address/port.

If you look at your dashboard, is the WAN address displayed there the same one you type in manually?

vmartin24

I have an SDWAN with two ISP, one primary and secondary. I think at this point it's policy inside my network. Because Emby does report a public and Private IP address. Access from WAN works fine, even on web browser. But I believe that because of my setup, PIN authentication stopped working. 

Kinda stumped on this one.

I was able to reproduce the error I'm getting with PIN authentication. It behaves exactly as if no DEVICES are allowed to connect to a user: When I go to Settings -> Users -> Access -> Deny Access to all devices. 

Is it possible that there is a limit for devices that can be added to a USER?

I really think it's routing on my end but I want to make sure of Emby does have a DEVICES limit per account unless it's a premiere account. The two accounts that are share my library are not premiere accounts.

Thanks

No, there are no such limits.

What is the answer to my question?

If you look at your dashboard, is the WAN address displayed there the same one you type in manually?

vmartin24

Yes it's the same IP address I use for WAN. Pin authentication just doesn't work.

At this point if you confirm the Device Limit per account isn't an issue at all, then it appears to be my SDWan.

Edited by vmartin24