Tv-library shows no results or set all folders to one strange tv-show

henkie2

Hi all, plex user here that's checking EMBY only got big issue on TV-Library.

Everyting is working great and works perfect and smooth, almost ready on my setup :)

Last part the Tv-Shows i need to add, and got a problem.

Plex is doing fine on this! And can't change my folder structure. On movies no probs btw! same folder setup. BUG?

This is my folder setup:
/TV-HD/tvshowname1/tvshowfile S01E02.mp4 etc (not yet sorted to archive)
/TV-HD/_ARCHIVE/showname1/Season.01/tvshowfile S01E01.mp4 etc

On starting adding tv library:
\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE (D:\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE) (this one firts because i want to be sure that emby know inside here we have content)
ex D:\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE\Friends\Season.01\Friends S01E01\Friends S01E01.avi

No problem yet, all oke, all shows correct with images tags and data.

Now the problem, as soon i add the root folder as last on the same TV-Library
\TV-HD (D:\TV-HD) (for my new tvshows not yet archived)
Gives total mass on library getting a tv-show called "The War Archive" from my folder _Archive and all other series/shows before (setup without root folder) are gone and are in that "The War Archive" without any data/images/tags etc (all shows from archive are there without any results....)
Also shows in root dont get any meta/results... And rename _ARCHIVE to _OLD will give me tv-show called "Old Bear Stories" from folder _Old (all shows from old/archive are there) without any results....

And if i use Only \TV-HD  (D:\TV-HD) as library;
Also same results with _old and _archive all shows are "The War Archive" or "Old Bear Stories" now. Shows in root have no results/meta
Mabye a scan folder depth needed as setttings? or what i'm doing wrong?

Like i said earlier, Plex is doing fine on this.
And on movies library no problems, all working perfect btw with same folder structure..

How can i fix this?

Thx for read, (sorry for my bad english)
Any hints or tricks i missed? Or just a bug? On movies no problems with same folder structure btw!

Edited by henkie2

Hi, you can't add both of these folders together:

\TV-HD  (D:\TV-HD)
\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE  (D:\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE)

Try instead just using:

D:\TV-HD

That's all you really need. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Also I believe you will have to use Mixed Content library type as you have nested none series folders.  TV Shows content type is not very forgiving with nested sub-folders.

Also I believe you will have to use Mixed Content library type as you have nested none series folders.  TV Shows content type is not very forgiving with nested sub-folders.

Thx all for reply, on mixed it works indeed. All my shows are like this and are not mixed ; ex D:\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE\Friends\Season.01\Friends S01E01\Friends S01E01.avi

Strange part is that if only do \TV-HD\_ARCHIVE (D:\TV-HD\_ARCHIVE) as TV-Library its al working. And if do only D:\TV-HD it's one big mass on TV-Library

Happy2Play

This is do to Emby treating _Archive as a Series.  Currently you can only use TV Shows content type if all your Shows are in the root of the parent library folder.

This is do to Emby treating _Archive as a Series.  Currently you can only use TV Shows content type if all your Shows are in the root of the parent library folder.

Ah oke, will emby got this fixed near future? Thx once again.

Happy2Play

The sub-folder discovery method will be added to TV Show Content type in a future release.