My Movies transferred fine but TV Shows folders are empty

KalEl770
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

KalEl770

I'm trying to switch from Plex to Emby, I downloaded the software on 2/4/19 and set up folders for Movies by genre and TV shows. All of my movies are visible and seem OK. However, all of my TV Show folders are empty. All files are on the same HDD and the names on the Emby server correspond to the names I gave the folders. Any ideas on why this might be happening. Thank you and I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

KalEl770

I believe so. They are named as follows:

Show Name S0XE0X an example would be Friends S01E01

This is how they were named when I did them for Plex and they were recognized without any problem. I did check the file paths and they were correct. Thank you

KalEl770

Actually, not quite. I have them like this:

TV Shows

Friends

Episodes from various seasons.

I can group the shows by seasons within each folder for a particular show and see if that helps.I won't be able to do that until tonight. Thank you

Actually, not quite. I have them like this:

TV Shows

Friends

I can group the shows by seasons within each folder for a particular show and see if that helps.I won't be able to do that until tonight. Thank you

That structure should be fine.  "Friends" is the series folder.

I assume you pointed the library to "TV Shows".

KalEl770

even though an episode of friends is set up to play next, I can't load any other shows and can't select which episode of friends will play. I see no listings. If I hit the 3 dots on another show to play that one, the episode of friends still plays

Happy2Play

Look like you are adding series folders as a library path.  You need to add the parent folder for the series as your library path.

TV Shows (Library folder)

Friends

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV-naming

If this is not the case, please show a screenshot of Library folders.

Edited by Happy2Play

F1r3b4ll

It seems I have the same issue here.

My folder structure looks like:

\\server\Video\Filme\*.mkv (works)

\\server\Video\Serien (doesn't work)

\\server\Video\Serien\A-Team

\\server\Video\Serien\A-Team\S1E01...mkv

Although the scan competed and took significantly longer than movies, there is nothing

in the library nor in the management tool (don't remember the name atm).

I will post some screenshots when I'm home.

Edited by F1r3b4ll

I assume you pointed the library to "TV Shows".

Yes, that is correct

Are you sure?  It does look like you've pointed libraries to individual series instead of a containing parent folder.  Alias, Friends, etc. should not be showing up in "My Media".

KalEl770

I'm really not sure. I have a folder called "TV Shows" and inside that folder, I have folders named for the TV shows that I have. So inside my "Friends" folder, I have all of the episodes there. They are not in folders based on season but they are named "Friends S01E01" etc.. I can get a pic of the screen for you but I won't be able to get it until later tonight. This works fine for me when using Plex, but there are other elements of that program that are frustrating. I decided to run Emby side by side to see which one I like better. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

F1r3b4ll

Here are my screenshots:

5c5b4f6690776_Aufnahme1.jpg

5c5b4f4b97608_Aufnahme2.jpg

Based on the log, I suppose the scan was successful.

See entries before timestamp:

2019-02-04 00:57:00.474 Info App: Deleting item, Type: Season, Name: Staffel unbekannt, Path: , Id: 49006
Edited by F1r3b4ll

• Solution
Happy2Play

here is my screen shot

5c5b87906f1fa_library.jpg

You need to remove all the Shows libraries and point one library to "J:\TV Shows".

Same with Movies, unless you want individual libraries like that.  All you need is "J:\Movies".  All depends on the presentation you want.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Also, do I need to remove the sub folders from the Movies and Shows folders?

For Movies it really depends on the presentation you want.  As you have it you have entry points directly to that media.  If you used "J:\Movies", when you select Movies you would be present all your movies in a flat structure.  Folder (Tab) would give you your subfolder structure.

Not sure what you mean by Shows subfolders as you just have Series folders for the information provided.  If you have a nested folder structure (other than Series folders) then that is another story.

KalEl770

Thank you for all of your help. Your last suggestion worked perfectly. My shows are all visible and my movies are organized how I want them.